Given enhanced rates but then had it taken away — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Given enhanced rates but then had it taken away

kenneth246
kenneth246 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA

I was claiming disability allowance and care component , the dwp sent me a letter asking me to attend a interview under caution  they had videoed  me walking without my sticks on 3 occasions and it was the time I just had triple injections in my bones joints to relieve the pain this was done under GA and it took the pain away for 4 weeks but after that it made me very poorly and as damage more of my joints I have rheumatoid and osteoarthritis in my left ankle and most of my large joint and in my fingers I also now have a severe blockages in the arteries in my left leg ,

I applied for pip and they gave me the enhance rate on both elements to 3 weeks later they changed their mind and told me iv not got it now their as been a change in my claim to me the only change is iv got more surgery to come now im in that much pain I want to take my life I cant live with this pain without any help iv asked them to reconsider iv got all medical evidence can anybody give me any information to ease my mind please,

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    edited June 2018
    Hi @kenneth246, welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear about what you have been going through with the PIP process and your pain. Have you contacted your local citizen's advice to see what support and advice they can offer?

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.
  • tina1888
    tina1888 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    God that is just awful. The way they treat people. Why were they filming u?
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Kenneth I'm so sorry theve made you feel like this .please speak too someone a doctor or samartons .I've understand this feeling myself and it's awful too feel it .your not alone please reach out too someone .x
  • littleruthie123
    Welfare rights can be helpful and cab .also scope have advisers on here and contact number 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Obviously someone local to you reported you as not being disabled which is why the DWP got involved at all. Some people can be extremely petty. I would guess that the evidence they collected has been applied to the PIP claim which is why it was withdrawn. Having such a significant improvement for such a short time probably sounds unrealistic to them so it will be difficult to get them to change their minds back again. All you can do would be to send evidence of what happened at a time appropriate to your claim and hope for the best. Certainly they will expect, as a minimum, to deduct from your benefit, an amount suitable to your period of improvement. After all they will figure you were not disabled at that time.

Regarding your suicidal thoughts then by all means contact the Samaritans if you feel the need to talk but each time it will be someone new and, as they aren't allowed to keep notes or access your details, you will have to explain afresh each time. For more useful help ask your GP to refer you to Mental Health. A better alternative might be to contact your local MH assessment group. It will be an 033 number but I don't know if it varies from area to area. They will assess you on the phone (usually a few days after you contact them) and, if your case is unsuited to their capabilities, they will refer you onto the appropriate MH group. This is a much faster way than referral by the GP but, as it is a self-referral, won't be given the same weight as if it came from a GP. Mind you, that assumes a GP that understands your case does the referral. If it is done by another doctor who doesn't know you then t can all go wrong anyway.

The point is that you still have many options open to you so please try to get help before taking irreversible steps. One word of warning, never overdose on Paracetamol or Cocodamol (which is a mixture of Codeine and Paracetamol). If say you took it one very low night and then slept and felt better when you woke up it could be, depending on how much was taken, irreversible and over the next 3 days you would suffer multiple organ failures until after 3-4 days death would occur. If the body absorbs too much Paracetamol there is no going back and no cure. It would be a very painful and slow death. Even if you regret it immediately you have to go to A&E as soon as possible and have your stomach pumped. Not a pleasant procedure.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • littleruthie123
    You can ring 999 if your really struggling for a quicker help .if you feel in danger too seriously hurt yourself. How are you doing? .a bit better I hope 
  • littleruthie123
    Hi Kenneth how are u doing?
  • kenneth246
    I'm feeling bad I've sent all medical evidence to Pip and DWP from 3 different consultants so I'm just waiting for reconsideration
  • kenneth246
    I'm feeling bad I've sent all medical evidence to Pip and DWP from 3 different consultants so I'm just waiting for reconsideration
  • kenneth246
  • kenneth246
    I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis + are separators in my main points I have disfigurement of both hands and my left ankle doesn't work at all I need triple fusion which I'm waiting for surgery
  • littleruthie123
    Ah bless you I understand how hard and stressful it is .just because someone can appear too manage on the odd better day disent mean they don't struggle .there's the 50 percent rule .have u managed too speak too anyone about things .nice too see your back .you can do this! !!@☺

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.