nini1963 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

nini1963

nini1963
nini1963 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
hi every one had my assement 5 weeks ago had a report sent to me and it said in the report that I should stay on pip for another 2 years 
can any one tell me do the dwp go against the report 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,332 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Very rarely they go against it. Did you add the points up in the report? There's boxes with dots that you should look at, compare them with the PIP descriptors to see what you scored.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    That's good news, check your awarded points then compare against descriptors to see what your award may should be. But you still have to wait for the award letter to arrive for comfirmation.
  • nini1963
    Thanks all who got back to me how can i add up the points in what descriptors do you mean in the report thanks nini
  • nini1963
    Hi can any tell me i just add up all the points on the descriptor and they add up to 21 points can any one tell me what that entil me for pip sorry for my spelling nini
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Would you mind saying how long you waited for the report and whether you had to have a f2f assessment?

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • nini1963
    I waited 10 days for report 
  • Topkitten
    Ty @nini1963.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • nini1963
    Can any one tell me i recived 12 points getting around does that mean i might get mobilty car 
  • poppy123456
    There's 2 parts to PIP, daily living and mobility. You need at least 8 points for Standard and 12 points for Enhanced. If you scored 12 points in the mobility part then you can exchange your money for a mobility car yes. The money that you would have received for the mobility part will be paid straight to motability for your car, once you've signed and collect the car of your choice.

You will need to wait for the decision letter. If the award is Enhanced mobility then you take your award to a dealer of your choice, with ID and your driving license and they will help and advise you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • nini1963
    Hi poppy thanks for the imfomation like i said i had 12 points for moving around so is that the mobility component 
  • poppy123456
    Yes but like i said you need to wait for the decision.

• nini1963
    hi to you all 
    still waiting for decision from dwp 
    been waiting for 6 weeks 
    can any one tell me should I hear by now 
  • nini1963
    hi even thought the assement say that I should have onther two years
    can the dwp  give me longer 
  • Topkitten
    There are a number of factors when thinking of a mobility vehicle through Motobility.

Firstly the value of the car decides how much you pay and there a very few cars that do not cost the whole benefit.

Secondly if the value of the car exceeds certain values then you will have to find an up-front payment for most mid-range to expensive cars. Common makes like Ford and Vauxhaul were valued at between £500 and £1500 depending on make, model and engine size. I needed an MPV so that it was high off the ground, had space for a hoist and scooter and in which I could also fit a wheelchair. My Renault Grand Scenic cost me £800 plus £200 for the hoist (fitted). However, when changing cars there is a 50% refund (currently) if the car is in good condition. There are also special rules regarding loss through PIP decisions. These figures are in addition to the loss of all of your benefit which gets paid directly to Motobility.

Having a car or having a mobility scooter are mutually exclusive, you cannot now have both.

Only your mobility part of the benefit is used for the car, you still receive any care component but you MUST have high rate mobility to qualify for either a car or a scooter.

Scooters, even large ones, are considerably less expensive than cars and usually take only part of the mobility benefit.

You do not need to be able to drive to have a vehicle. You can, for example, have a nominated driver. However, they may only use the car for YOUR benefit so either you should be in the car with them or they can run errands for you and you don't need to be there. They cannot use the car for themselves though so may not use it for work or to take their family out without you, etc.

On the up side though the payments do include insurance (which is different to normal insurances in a number of ways), car tax and a recovery scheme so you do not need to get into chasing other stuff to go with the car. Also the hoist, because it was fitted to a new car, was subsidised. There is no subsidy if you add a hoist later.

Hope this helps.

TK
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 273 Pioneering
    Thank you for sharing your experience about Motability, Topkitten

Gill_Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.