Reconsidration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reconsidration

Options
odi1973
odi1973 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
dear all
Finally i recicved my new pip decision letter and thet took all my score from mobility components snd reduced my pip to standard level and now they pay only £225 per 4 weeks i send request for reconsideration and today i recived txt that they will let me know by 6 weeks . My quastion is there any chance pip guve me again my mobility components or they will refuse i understan evey case is diffrent but if anyone has any idea please let me know.
all the best
omid

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Less than 20% of MRs are successful, so there's a high chance you'll be taking it to Tribunal. Hopefully this won't happen and a decision will go in your favour. If it doesn't then appearing in person at your hearing will give you the best chance. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Zeezee
    Zeezee Community member Posts: 78 Pioneering
    Options
    Approx 80% of MR are refused but approx 90% of Tribunal hearings are successful. Depending on where the research is from. The MR is done by the DWP whereas the Tribunal is independent and (my daughters) had a judge, a paediatrician and an expert in child disabilities. Therefore I would not be disheartened if your MR is refused as they pretty much refuse them as standard, it is worth taking it to Tribunal as you have a much higher probability of success at Tribunal. I recently took my daughters case to Tribunal and was successful. I hope you don't have to go through all that and your MR is successful but either way good luck.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Zeezee said:
    Approx 80% of MR are refused but approx 90% of Tribunal hearings are successful.
    71% of Tribunals are successful. 90% is rather wishful thinking.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Zeezee
    Zeezee Community member Posts: 78 Pioneering
    Options
    Sorry meant to say 60%. Yeah 90% would be nice but anyway 60%-71% depending on which research but either way those figures are a stark difference to the 20% success rate of the MR. So its definitely worth going to Tribunal
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Zeezee said:
    Approx 80% of MR are refused but approx 90% of Tribunal hearings are successful.
    71% of Tribunals are successful. 90% is rather wishful thinking.
    And the reason given by the DWP as to why these successes happen is that a Tribunal is able to take oral evidence direct from the claimant. I thought that the assessors were paid to do that in the first place.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.