Can I receive any other benefits? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I receive any other benefits?

aashworth81
aashworth81 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi this is Alex. I am currently in receipt of the lower rate care component of DLA which I receive monthly. Since I have been married ( 8 years) I have lost a considerable amount that really helped me. I have recently tried to apply for ESA but was refused as I said I am working which I am but only for myself and part time as a gardener ( which could be classed as therapeutic earnings) Can I receive any other benefits? I sense the outcome may be no but it's worth asking.

Can I receive any other benefits? 1 vote

Help with benefits
0%
Entitled to other benefits?
100%
pigeon55 1 vote

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    ESA is for those who are unable to work or have a limited capability to work, as you're currently working then no you won't be able to claim ESA.

Pop your details into this benefits calculator and it will tell you what you could possibly claim. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    As you're still claiming DLA you will eventually be invited to claim PIP as DLA no longer exists. When using the benefits calculator you will need to put your partners income in there as well, it will then tell you what you could claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • aashworth81
    aashworth81 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Ok.Thanks for this guys.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.