Hi all- tips for coping with disability? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi all- tips for coping with disability?

jazzyjaffas
jazzyjaffas Community member Posts: 10 Connected
Hope you're all doing well.

I'm 24 years old, and I have the following: Type 1 diabetes, coeliac disease, systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, polycystic ovary disease, and depression/anxiety. 

Does anyone have anything similar and can give any tips on how to cope with the symptoms? Or just how to cope with having a disability in general?

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jazzyjaffas

Good Day & Welcome it’s great to meet you.

We have got some info/advice here on our site.

I will put a link below for you.

https://www.scope.org.uk/support

Please please let me know if I can help/support you further????

• jazzyjaffas
    Hi @steve51
    That's great, thank you :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jazzyjaffas

No probs it’s my pleasure!!!!!!
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2018
    Welcome to the community, @jazzyjaffas! Hopefully our community members will be in touch with their advice.

You may like to look at these online community tips that people have shared in the past, too. There's everything from family life and respite care, to mental health and mobility aids!
  • jazzyjaffas
  • Karen4ev
    Karen4ev Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi jazzyjaffas I have SLE, raynards syndrome, depression, fibromyalgia and lots of other related conditions. I’m 54 and I’ve had SLE for 17 years and take a whole host of different tablets every day to try and help alleviate some of the pain and other related symptoms. I see my rheumatologist every 6 months but I’m basically already having what they have to offer. I just have to try and cope with it all the best that I can but it’s really hard to do that as I’m sure you are well aware. I’m being referred to a befriending group in Salford by my social worker but I can’t remember what it’s called sorry. Hope you find what you’re looking for, best wishes, Karen  
  • jazzyjaffas
    Hi @Karen4ev,
    Thank you for your reply it's really appreciated! 
    I'm sorry to hear you have to go through all of that, I completely feel your pain. You've done brilliantly being able to deal with all of of that through the last 17 years. I hope things get better, and stick in there! It's great that you're being referred to a befriending group, best of luck with that :)
    Best wishes,
    Jaz

Brightness