Bedroom interview — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bedroom interview

bernie1
bernie1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all ? please could someone tell me if pip assessment can be done from the  bedroom? My wife's f2f is Wednesday morning 9.15 she is currently going through a relapse now she has (multiple sclerosis) no movement from waist down, her left arm from shoulder to wrist no movement either. Many Thanks To you all 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Yes, there shouldn't be any problems with that, i've heard of people having their assessments in their bedrooms before. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi

Sorry to learn about your wife's relapse.

As poppy rightly states, no probes with using bedroom.

Your wife can object to any kind of physical examination, if she thinks it might impact on her.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

Best wishes
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes it is entirely possible. However you will have to provide substantial evidence to support your request.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    What request are you talking about?
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Bernie1's request to the assessing company for the assessment to take place in the bedroom.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry for wife as a MS sufferer I know how it can effect your wife, hope you have a good acessment. Don't take it the wrong way but your wife will be seen at her worst so should will help, good luck and prayers to you both.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.