3am worrying — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

3am worrying

Options
Dan210276
Dan210276 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Hi all.
i hope the world is being kind to you all. 
Why is it that at 3am and I'm unable to sleep due to the pain and my head worrys  at hundred miles an hour.
since finding out in march the my Back and nerve damage is perminant and there isn't a great deal that can be done. I was basically told that as I'm still able to walk then it wasn't worth another operation until the time comes when I wasn't able to walk.
How do you come to terms that life has changed forever. I can't work and have a young family that Miss there old fun dad.
Like most of us I am no stranger to life's up and downs but I have always been able to talk or know somebody going through whatever bad thing it happened to be and that's always been a great comfort in talking and sharing with people.
However since being told that this is a permanent condition I have never felt so alone.I feel that Friends and family find it awkward talking about or maybe they just don't know what to say? I don't know anybody that I can talk to regarding my condition that is in the same boat as me? 
I have so many unanswered questions and would love to chat with anybody that understand my 3am ramble?
Thank you for your time reading this and I apologise if it's a bit self pitying.
I look forward to chatting with you. 
Peace 
Dan x

Comments

• cripps
    cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
    Options
    Morning ?, don’t worry mate you’re not alone, 3 years ago i got cancer that did the same thing, it changed my life forever, after several operations (and still having them) i myself am disabled and will never walk again. I’m now in a wheelchair thinking about what life could be like if i hadn’t gone to the doctor complaining of this annoying pain and discomfort in my my bladder. Life was so good with living on my farm riding my horses and enjoying the wonderful countryside. Unlike yourself i have no family and certainly no friends to talk of to talk too i fight every day just to understand why i have to keep going. It’s very hard i understand that but with your family and friends around you there’s always a reason to keep going, keep having your self pity and keep having a cry every now and then but also keep reaching out on this wonderful forum because the family here will help you as much as possible. It’s great you have joined us it really does help to reach out. 
  • Dan210276
    Options
    Hi cripps
    cheers man for your reply. I am so sorry to hear of your troubles and I can only wish you the best mate. It must be bloody hard for you.i can understand how frustrating it must be after enjoying an active outside lifestyle. I hope you are getting all the help and support available? and able to keep your chin up. 
    Your right I have got lots to keep going on for and I'm learning to count my blessings for all the things I do and will have. Nobody tells you that your mental welling being takes as much of a battering as the physical well being. 
    Its certainly is a rollercoaster of emotions and I'm trying to make a fresh start this week and try and make some positive things happen. Reaching out on here was the first positive thing this week.
    really nice to chat to you and always I'm available for a natter. Take care ?
    Im off to try and get some sleep.
    Peace 
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Options
    Me too cripps! .ur story sounds similar too me .I miss me the old me life changing x
  • littleruthie123
    Options
    Dam I'm also a 3 am worrier !.horrible when ur mind just won't stop!.hope u got some sleep! ☺
  • littleruthie123
    Options
  • Dan210276
    Options
    Yawninghell ideed. No I didn't get any sleep so today is going to be a mission. 
    littleruthie123 thanks for reading my 3am ramble. I'm sorry to read that things are not good for and I hope things improve for you. 

Brightness