A quick question about carer's allowence — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A quick question about carer's allowence

Options
Colinid73
Colinid73 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
Hi There,
  I am Just Inquiring to see if Anybody Else has had this problem, it's the first time it's happened but i'm receiving  Carer's Allowance as Carer for my son who receives DLA, I'm unemployed and care for him Full time, my payments are weekly and regular since we applied last September, Always shows up in my bank on Saturday to use, It's a monday payment but it's always there on a Saturday without Fail, Apart from Today, it's the first time since Last September there has been no money in on a Saturday, I'm going to Contact them on Monday, especially if still no payment. Was just wondering if anyone else has had troubles like this?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,057 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hopefully this has been solved now but some banks have changed their payment system for Mondays direct debits and anything you have going into your bank. It just means that If a payment falls on a MOnday and it used to show on a Saturday then this will no longer happen, you have to wait until the Monday for payment into your bank.

This doesn't apply to all banks, but some of them.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Colinid73, and a warm welcome to the community! Did you manage to follow up the payment?
  • Colinid73
    Colinid73 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you For the Welcome.  Yes, after some confusion, I Have got it Sorted. took me all morning though

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.