PIP - Should I include old neurologist letter? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - Should I include old neurologist letter?

Options
Wolfita
Wolfita Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have extremely severe M.E.

The last time I had a thorough physical examination was by this neurologist about 5 years ago, and my condition has deteriorated significantly since.

It's an excellent letter, confirming I'm housebound and unable to manage stairs and mentioning increasing disability. But it also says I can speak, stand and walk, which I can't any more.

Should I include it?

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Wolfita and welcome to the community! I hope you get the answers from the community that you are looking for.

If you need anymore help then please let me know :)
    Scope

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Wolfita 
    I would certainly advise you to send the neurologists letter as it provides background information to your case.Please remember anything you send get  a signed for receipt at post office and keep copies of everything as papers can go missing.Also include statements from people involved in your everyday care even if it is family they still bear weight as evidence.Good luck with the process.
       Debsidoo.x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.