They think we are only doing this for the money! ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

They think we are only doing this for the money! ?

crocodillie
crocodillie Community member Posts: 14 Connected
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So after advice from all you nice people  (thank you!  <3 ) I complained to everyone that I could today haha. I rang DWP first to complain about the lies on my report. The lady on the phone goes "are you sure you want to complain before you receive your decision letter? You might not want to once you see your award. " 
WHAT?! You could award me enhanced for life and I'd still complain about the state of the lies and discrimination on my report by Atos! 
Honestly eh!? ?

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Something has to be done about the misrepresenting  that gets recorded and written up at the acessments. The sonner we have recorded interviews the better things should be.
  • crocodillie
    crocodillie Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    @wilko exactly! We have to stand up to the injustice. If we don't, then nobody else will. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
    Something has to be done about the misrepresenting  that gets recorded and written up at the acessments. The sonner we have recorded interviews the better things should be.
    As I have said before, having an assessment recorded will make zilch difference to the decision. On top of that not everyone would be overjoyed with the idea of being video & sound recorded. People freeze at the thought of having a camera or microphone watching and recording everything. That certainly won't help them to relax in the assessment.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Making a difference to the decision at a recorded interview will and should give the claiment confidence knowing for example , no I can't wash my own hair, and the acessor records the claiments showers and washes her own hair. There will be the prove that the acessor has lied mis recorded information on to the cumputer system. We are all on camera when we go shopping in the supermarket, shopping centres, the high street do we even notice or care.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad the community were able to help!
    Scope

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
    Making a difference to the decision at a recorded interview will and should give the claiment confidence knowing for example , no I can't wash my own hair, and the acessor records the claiments showers and washes her own hair. There will be the prove that the acessor has lied mis recorded information on to the cumputer system. We are all on camera when we go shopping in the supermarket, shopping centres, the high street do we even notice or care.
    How would it give them confidence? The DWP certainly will not want to watch and listen to recordings - they pay the assessing companies to send them a report of their findings which will not include a DVD of the proceedings.
    As for any Tribunal, once again do you seriously accept that they will want to watch a recording? At best they will accept a transcript of the sound only and that transcript has to be funded by the claimant.

There is a whole lot of difference between CCTV in our streets and a recording system along the lines of that used by the police when investigating a crime.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.