Do assessors know my previous PIP outcome? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do assessors know my previous PIP outcome?

littleruthie123
littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi just wondering. When we have our pip reviews .do the assesers no what our previous awards/outcomes were given ?.thanks 

Comments

• Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Hiya littleruthie123, I think they do know. I say this because I've recently had my pip reassessed due to my health worsening and my assessor did ask in around about way if I already have pip and I acknowledged as yes. At the end she said that I may receive more or stay the same but not get less ( she did not make a statement, more causally and was very nice ). I've had my hcp assessment report and she recommended 12 for mobility and 14 for care, we'll see when the dm report comes. I felt more hopeful because she was a physiotherapist and a lot of my issues are dealt with the physio dept. Anyway back to the point, I think they do but there again I may very well be wrong. Hope this as had some use. Good luck ?
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2018
    Hiya littleruthie123, I think they do know. I say this because I've recently had my pip reassessed due to my health worsening and my assessor did ask in around about way if I already have pip and I acknowledged as yes. At the end she said that I may receive more or stay the same but not get less ( she did not make a statement, more causally and was very nice ). I've had my hcp assessment report and she recommended 12 for mobility and 14 for care, we'll see when the dm report comes. I felt more hopeful because she was a physiotherapist and a lot of my issues are dealt with the physio dept. Anyway back to the point, I think they do but there again I may very well be wrong. Hope this as had some use. Good luck ?
    Personally I doubt that earlier proceedings and decisions reached will be available to the assessor. Why would they be interested? They are assessing you as you are now not then. However there is nothing stopping you photocopying the previous report and decision letter and sending it back with the review form.

My previous two awards came by way of MR. Originally both of the decisions were that I received no points, whereas the MR in each case changed it to Enhanced Care & Mobility. The third review also gave me no points and it also failed at the MR stage.

In your case you actually volunteered the information, you need not have answered that question as it has no bearing on the assessment process being carried out and certainly does not feature as one of the descriptors.
  • littleruthie123
    Thanks for replies .hmmmmmm will ponder on this one lol 
  • littleruthie123
    I asked as she mentioned .don't worry nothing will change .but I was hoping for a better results this time round been from enhanced too low and no wait for this one 
  • Gwendoline1
    Hi Yadnad, I'm aware I didn't need to reply or that it was not one of the descriptors. I had nothing to hide. I take your point. My first pip, I was naive but did have help from CAB,but what I didn't know ( silly I know ) that it was about how it affects me and not about the disability I have. I was awarded standard for both, the assessor was polite but I didn't know you could request the hcp report so I had nothing to go on. Due to deterioration of my health I requested a reassessment, really nice lady as mentioned a physio and understood my conditions. I requested the hcp report and 80/90 percent was included and as already mentioned she recommended 12 mobility and 14 care but we'll see when the dm comes, hopefully soon. Thanks for your reply 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Yadnad, I'm aware I didn't need to reply or that it was not one of the descriptors. I had nothing to hide. I take your point. My first pip, I was naive but did have help from CAB,but what I didn't know ( silly I know ) that it was about how it affects me and not about the disability I have. I was awarded standard for both, the assessor was polite but I didn't know you could request the hcp report so I had nothing to go on. Due to deterioration of my health I requested a reassessment, really nice lady as mentioned a physio and understood my conditions. I requested the hcp report and 80/90 percent was included and as already mentioned she recommended 12 mobility and 14 care but we'll see when the dm comes, hopefully soon. Thanks for your reply 
    You had a good result.
    I have to laugh now in that for the mental health part my assessors wrote about 14 one liners such as 'did not rock whilst sitting on the chair'. They came to the conclusion that I don't have and never have had any mental health issues.
    Maybe I should have told her that the DWP actually had previously assessed me for those health issues and had granted me a lifetime award for another type of disability benefit in that I now only have 60% of mental health capacity compared to a 'normal' person!
  • Gwendoline1
    Hi Yadnad, life is cruel at times. I do suffer with depression but nothing compared to what I've read on this site and yourself included. Mine is physically, 5 years ago I worked full time in a job in loved, I've been married for 35 years, I have 2 grown up children both have their own homes life was GREAT. I'm not crying into my glass now , I have a brilliant husband who is my carer and we see our children everyday they call in from work ,here comes the BUT. I've lost my independence and in a lot of pain daily ,life could be worse and I do have masses of support from our children and their spouses. I try to keep a smile on my face and this site as been fantastic its answered many questions I've needed answering. Good wishes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.