My son is 2 years 6 months and still cannot stand without support, advice? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My son is 2 years 6 months and still cannot stand without support, advice?

rangani44
rangani44 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
My child is 2 years and 6 months old.He cannot stand up without support.but he can stand up and walk with support by holding to chairs and tables.Doc told he is hypotonia and physio would help.but no progress.His bloods are normal.please help

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rangani44

A big welcome to the community and thank you very much for sharing your story with us all. 

How long has your son been having physio?

If you need anything then please let me know :)
    Scope

• rangani44
    Thank you.My son was on physio for last 6 months but not on regular basis.We don't have trained physio in our country sri lanka.I searched internet and found some methods.I am a doctor.I heard from a rheumatologist that his trunk muscles are weak.Now I am trying hard to strengthen them.I am loosing energy.will he walk?Please help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    I hear your concerns and it must be frightening to not know what the future holds. Basic physio is always amazing at strengthening muscles, like you have said, they can be found online and little and often can improve strength. I hope someone on the community is able to offer you more advice :)
    Scope

• rangani44
    Thank you for your concern.I have no words to express my feelings.
  • Chloe_Scope
    You're welcome. Feel free to look around the community as you may find some discussions of people who are in a similar situation to yourself 
    Scope

Brightness