Home Visit Today — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home Visit Today

deepat
deepat Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi 

From ni.  Just had a home visit today and i am sure i was too positive and honest with my response to questions.  

The issues are depression and anxiety which are not diagnosed formally with my doctor but i have been in receipt of dla for nearly 10 yrs - low rate.  I am expecting a negative outcome.

When asked at the end if i had any questions, i never thought to ask of likely timescales for decisions.  Does anyone know what the waiting time is for ni?  Who do i get in touch with for a copy of the report?

Thanks for any assistance.

D xx

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @deepat

DLA assessments can be very challenging indeed so you did really well to get through that today. If you contact DWP you can request that you would like a copy of your assessment and this will be sent to you. It is about 6-8 weeks from your assessment to the outcome.

I hope this helps and best of luck!
    Scope

• deepat
    Thanks Chloe it helps.  I felt drained by the end and was getting fed up with the whole thing.  I ended up giving short answers - this will be to my detriment.  Ah well!!
  • Chloe_Scope
    No problem at all @deepat
    I can imagine it is a very tiring process, maybe take some time this evening to relax and give yourself some down time?
    Scope

• deepat
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    You don't need a diagnosis for PIP, it's about how your conditions affect you daily. Did you send evidence to support your claim? They rarely contact anyone for this and the onus is on you to make sure it's sent.
    There's no timescales for decisions, it depends on the backlog in your area. Some wait 2 weeks, others wait as long as 8 weeks. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • deepat
    Thanks Poppy.  No evidence apart from records from my dla application which was 10 yrs ago.

If im lacking points i will take it to the next stage.  I need 12 right?  How many potential points per section.....can anyone shed some light on this.  There were 12 questions on the form requiring written answers......
  • deepat
    For anyone else that has a f2f coming up please bear in mind that you answer the questions wth information about your bad days.   :s
  • poppy123456
    Evidence would have been needed as well as your DLA file because this file was over 10 years old. It would have helped to send more recent evidence to back this up.

You need at least 8 points for standard award and there's 2 parts to PIP, daily living and mobility. points are added together separately for each of the parts.

Complete this PIP self test to see what you could score. It's only a guide to keep that in mind also.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • deepat
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    deepat said:
    For anyone else that has a f2f coming up please bear in mind that you answer the questions wth information about your bad days.  
    That is dangerous advice.

To only talk about the bad days will lead both the assessor and the DWP into believing that every day is the worst day. Prosecutions have happened to people for benefit fraud for doing exactly what you suggest.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Evidence would have been needed as well as your DLA file because this file was over 10 years old. It would have helped to send more recent evidence to back this up.
    Many people like myself, do not have any evidence to send. I had to ask my GP for a report which was against the DWP rules.

I do sometimes wonder how some people manage to have files of evidence ready and waiting to be sent in.

At best all I had were a few appointment letters that had not been thrown away for the various hospital clinics plus a couple of old repeat prescription sheets before my medication was changed and increased. I would imagine that there are many like me in the same boat. 

• poppy123456
    Yes Yadnad, so you keep saying.....
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @deepat thank you for continuing to talk to us about this. I hope things are a little clearer and that we are able to continue supporting you. @poppy123456
    has attached a very helpful tool, like she said, it is only a guide.

I hope you have a lovely day :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.