My Hat! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My Hat!

Options
bevt2017
bevt2017 Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
[post removed following request from user]

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bevt2017 sorry to hear what you are going through. The only advice I have is one that you have probably tried and that is to talk to your husband. Explain how you feel and it helps you cope and allow you to go out with him.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but in a way I can understand how he feels. He has a beautiful wife he loves and is proud of. He probably doesn't like that you need to feel the need to 'hide' when you are out with him, and possibly feels that he is talking to a hat a lot of the time rather than his wife.

It can be difficult to see someone you love start hiding from the world and while it is understandable that you want to put a barrier between you and the world to cope it can also act as a barrier between those you love and like. I am not saying that you are wrong, for the time being at least this is right for you and I can understand you feeling a sensitive about it, but it does seem to me that you both need to understand the other person's perspective and a little patience with one another.

I hope you can both find some resolution that doesn't involve you cutting yourself off from the rest of the world,

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Why don’t you both chose a new hat together, one that makes you feel comfortable and one he likes, to stop his moaning.

• bevt2017
    bevt2017 Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Geoark
    That's exactly what he said!
    I didn't think about him talking to the hat before ?
    But It's not like I wear it all the time, only when I leave the house.

Hi @susan48
    You must be a mind reader.
    Just before we left he took me to Debenhams. I said what we doing in here? he said looking for a new hat for you ?
    (I didn't find one) 

Thanks for the advice guys really appreciate it. Xx
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @bevt2017 good to hear things are sorting themselves out, even if it is not a quick fix, and hopefully you will end up with a lovely new hat soon  ;)

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness