Maximus medical Friday 13th — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Maximus medical Friday 13th

Lynette1066
Lynette1066 Community member Posts: 47 Connected
I have a face to face medical next week. No the date does not bother me. But I have PTSD, depression, due to domestic abuse. I am so terrified of how to answer. I did do a work programme whilst being assessed for this condition, seeing a phycologist. Thus gaining an NVQ. How do I explain this at medical. This basically brought mental health condition to a head.  Plus last time I worked was aged 21, due to looking after kids.  I am over 50. This is the first medical assessment I have had.
Any advice on the mental health assessment.

Comments

• Lynette1066
    I should have added, I have asked for a recorded interview. I have copy of form. But need some advice on what to expect. Seems to be a short time from form going in and getting medical. Total time three weeks.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited July 2018
    I should have added, I have asked for a recorded interview. I have copy of form. But need some advice on what to expect. Seems to be a short time from form going in and getting medical. Total time three weeks.

@Lynette1066 I feel for you I'm going through all this again, and sent my form back by the 18th June, just tell them how you are and feel and how it affects your life daily, dont be over friendly or over talk, if you answer Yes to a problem you suffer explain it and don't let them fob you off, also  don't make any special effort like nice ironed cloths or washing and looking like a princess. Just be you.

I also see you've stated total time of three weeks? Is that from when you sent the form back to the DWP, Maximus.

I will point blank not be going to an assessment ever again I would rather starve.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Lynette1066
    I sent the form back to Maximus on 14th June 18. So one month exactly until medical. Makes me wonder if anyone has even read it. I even paid for a GP letter. Which states, any added pressure would be harmful to my wellbeing. Pleased I did, as Maximus have not even asked my GP for to complete a form. Thanks for the advice.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited July 2018
    Jeeeez @Lynette1066 that's a quick assessment. I sent mine back recorded on 13th June and have not heard anything yet. I sent 12 pages of evidence from all my health teams, GP, Comsultants, pysciatrist etc. Yes I'm pretty buggered too.

Always best to obtain and send your own evidence I don't rely on Maximus getting it as they often don't.

Please keep us informed how you get on. Good luck.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    They very rarely contact anyone for evidence, the onus is always on you to make sure it's sent to support your claim.

The questions they ask you will be based on how your condition affects your ability to do any type of work. So tell then exactly how you're affected. Try to answer those questions with as much detail as possible. You'll be watched from the minute you arrive to the minute you leave.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lynette1066
    I am thinking of taking my soft teddy bear and cuddling it in the waiting area. I need something for comfort. Sounds as if I will be found fit for work. I do have copies of GP letter, and supporting evidence with me. I will make sure that they do have it.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lynette1066 I hope your assessment goes well, please do be in touch if you need anything else!
    Scope

• Lynette1066
    Thanks it has been nice to share this with someone who does understand. I will take my teddy for comfort. A bit silly, but this might make me able to get through the medical questions. Otherwise I might burst into tears and this will mean an early end to medical and not the correct assessment. I will appeal if it does not go my way.
  • lisabrazil80
    lisabrazil80 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
    I got spilt parsonal disorder and thay stop my pip I appeling will I get it back my medical health is so bad 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    I do have copies of GP letter, and supporting evidence with me. I will make sure that they do have it.
    Please be aware that they have been known to refuse the evidence on the day of the assessment. It happened to me twice, i always make sure i send all my evidence with my forms when returning them to DWP. Hopefully this won't happen to you. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.