WCA Should i be concerned? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

WCA Should i be concerned?

wiskim1985
wiskim1985 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi, Im hoping to get some advise on my last WCA. Ive had four assessments at each one the HPC had my ESA50 infront of them, at my last WCA the HPC didnt have my ESA50 infront of her and was looking at my last review via the computer. It makes me worry that the HCP didnt have my ESA50 at all. My WCA was also ended within 20minutes, the HCP then said she had to make a phone call, then came back in to say she has enough information to write her report and not to worry. Is this sosmething i should be concerned about? P.S I was in WRAG for 2 years before being moved into the SG on the third year. All help is very much appreciated.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Very confusing that the HP didn't have your ESA50 to view. Hopefully you will remain in the support group. Keep us up dated and keep posting
  • wiskim1985
    edited July 2018
    Yes, i thought the same thing, maybe it's possible she had my ESA50 on the computer? I also dont get why the assessment was ended and she had to make a phone call. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about. Thanks i'll keep you updated for sure. P.S she might of had my ESA50 i just didn't see it infront of her like my last WCA.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wiskim1985 and welcome to the community! Thank you for sharing your experiences and I hope the community are able to advise you on this. If you need any help then please let me know!
    Scope

• wiskim1985
    Thanks for your help Mike, i really hope so, what do you mean by send me another date? Switching what off exactly, sorry i dont understand fully. The link doesn't seem to work.
  • wiskim1985
    edited July 2018
    Ok, i understand now, thanks for the information. I managed to download the PDF. I was under the impression that the HC had enough info to write her report.
    There for had to confirm it by phone call, so they shouldnt need to ask for another assessment? As for the latter advice you gave does mental health qualify for “switching off” ESA reassessments?

• wiskim1985
    Oh, i have anxiety & depression also IBS. I guess it wont be “switching off” ESA reassessments then. Really do hope its not due to a lack of basic background from the ESA 50. Either way thanks for your time.
  • Lynette1066
    Lynette1066 Community member Posts: 47 Connected
    Mike thanks for the PDF information. It has some very good information in it. Plus for myself. One question did not know how to explain in the medical. Thanks now I do. I would rather know the process than not.
  • smokeyjoey
    smokeyjoey Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
    I had an assessment exactly like yours last year I was there for approximately 15mins and the HCP made a call and allowed me to leave, I got awarded in medium term but just been for reassessment and it ended the same way but this time they have suggested no improvement in the longer term so hoping the stick to what HCP said 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.