dla reduced and we have lost the mobility component and lost our car — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

dla reduced and we have lost the mobility component and lost our car

ted2608
ted2608 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi my wife had her dla reduced and we have lost the mobility component and lost our car she can walk but as just been diagnosed with this fibro what is the chance of getting everything back n i think the gov need to think wot they are doing to desent people who have problems i know there are a lot of people who are not disabled n are claiming but to penalize those who have is totally wrong 

Comments

• ted2608
    ted2608 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    but wen i say walk i mean about 20 meters and then that is all she can do for at least another 2 days
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ted2608, and a warm welcome to the community.

So sorry to hear this- are you appealing the decision?

https://youtu.be/4sOsiEFo-Ck
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    ted2608 said:
    hi my wife had her dla reduced and we have lost the mobility component and lost our car she can walk but as just been diagnosed with this fibro what is the chance of getting everything back n i think the gov need to think wot they are doing to desent people who have problems i know there are a lot of people who are not disabled n are claiming but to penalize those who have is totally wrong 
    Welcome to my world!

In the past 5 years I have had three Motability cars taken back after 3 PIP assessments/re-assessments.
    In the end I gave up as the fight was becoming stressful.
  • leannemich
    leannemich Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Ya2dnad said:
    ted2608 said:
    Welcome to my world!

In the past 5 years I have had three Motability cars taken back after 3 PIP assessments/re-assessments.
    In the end I gave up as the fight was becoming stressful.
    Please don't make it so negative for everybody else, it was your decision to give up like I see on most post that I have seen that you have commented on. (I'm not being rude I just see so many negative things that you say on people's posts that will put people off taking it further)
    @ted2608 please go in for a mandontary reconsideration and fight until the end. Just because somebody else has give up, definitely don't!
    I was awarded enhanced rate mobility back in 2014 and then got it taken away I  2016, in February just gone I 're applied and got given enhanced rate both without a MR or appeal and now have my mobility car back! DONT give up, keep going until you get what you're entitled too! :) 
    Good luck to you and your wife x
  • maz62
    maz62 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Help I’ve just had my mobility stoped because I told asseser I use to drive manual car to my daughters around the corner even though I carnt walk 20 metres 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I know you mean well @leannemich but everyone has a right to put their own views and experiences whether positive or negative so long as they abide by the forum rules.

We have all here gone through a roller coaster of emotions and, depending on which point we are at in the ups and downs, will feel more or less likely to provide positive or negative replies. No one should feel that their input is not wanted or that you can only post about nice things. If that's what people want I would suggest using Facebook where no one even acknowledges anything not nice or lovely.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Cazann
    Cazann Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    maz62 said:
    Help I’ve just had my mobility stoped because I told asseser I use to drive manual car to my daughters around the corner even though I carnt walk 20 metres 
    Hi @maz62 That was stated on my face to face assessment, that because I drive a manual car (as you do to your daughters) then I can walk more than 50 mtrs. I am in the process of appealing to a tribunal (no date yet)  I have a small 20 year old car that is so light and easy to drive and if I didn't have it, then I would be housebound. I have been on DLA for 13 years and got Higher Rate Mobility, indefinately but then had to apply for PIP, which was turned down.
    Are you appealing? Good luck if you are.
  • maz62
    maz62 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hello and thank you yes I’m appealing just having to come to terms with trying to survive till then I know the process takes many months please let me know how yr appeal goes
  • Yadnad
    Cazann said:
    maz62 said:
    Hi @maz62 That was stated on my face to face assessment, that because I drive a manual car (as you do to your daughters) then I can walk more than 50 mtrs. I am in the process of appealing to a tribunal (no date yet)  I have a small 20 year old car that is so light and easy to drive and if I didn't have it, then I would be housebound. I have been on DLA for 13 years and got Higher Rate Mobility, indefinately but then had to apply for PIP, which was turned down.
    Are you appealing? Good luck if you are.
    The assessor when being told by the claimant that they drive a car and a manual one at that they assume that in order to drive carefully on today's roads beit just round the corner or on a 300 mile trip you have good capabilities. These range from leg and arm movements, excellent eyesight, good hearing, and above all the mental capabilities to take in information, assess danger and have quick reactions.

• Yadnad

Please don't make it so negative for everybody else, it was your decision to give up like I see on most post that I have seen that you have commented on. (I'm not being rude I just see so many negative things that you say on people's posts that will put people off taking it further........I was awarded enhanced rate mobility back in 2014 and then got it taken away I  2016, in February just gone I 're applied and got given enhanced rate both without a MR or appeal and now have my mobility car back! 
    I'm sorry if I am a prophet of doom - my PIP experience of the past 5 years has been a complete disaster from start to finish.

I note that you were awarded Enhanced Mobility in 2014 which was removed in 2016. Then you reapplied in Feb 2018 and was awarded Enhanced Mobility straight away.
     If you don't mind me saying I would have loved to have had that experience. I have had to fight after every re-assessment to get anything!

If you have had my experience I would doubt that you would have the strength and determination to carry one knowing that every other year you would lose everything and then have to fight to get it back - 3 assessments/re-assessments between 2013 and 2018!

It's my experience that I can relate to, not yours or anyone elses'.
  • leannemich
    Yadnad said:

Please don't make it so negative for everybody else, it was your decision to give up like I see on most post that I have seen that you have commented on. (I'm not being rude I just see so many negative things that you say on people's posts that will put people off taking it further........I was awarded enhanced rate mobility back in 2014 and then got it taken away I  2016, in February just gone I 're applied and got given enhanced rate both without a MR or appeal and now have my mobility car back! 
    I'm sorry if I am a prophet of doom - my PIP experience of the past 5 years has been a complete disaster from start to finish.

I note that you were awarded Enhanced Mobility in 2014 which was removed in 2016. Then you reapplied in Feb 2018 and was awarded Enhanced Mobility straight away.
     If you don't mind me saying I would have loved to have had that experience. I have had to fight after every re-assessment to get anything!

If you have had my experience I would doubt that you would have the strength and determination to carry one knowing that every other year you would lose everything and then have to fight to get it back - 3 assessments/re-assessments between 2013 and 2018!

It's my experience that I can relate to, not yours or anyone elses'.
    Yes I was. But from 2016-2018 I challenged them as much as everybody else has. I didn't just leave it like you think. 
    Even though I've been through what I have I still like keeping people positive because if you keep going and don't stop you get to where you should be. I feel for you like I do with everyone else who has to challenge these people because come on were all in the same boat! I like telling people the bad I've been through with them but keep it positive for them because it's so hard! Like I'll tell everybody including yourself, don't give up! We're all going through the same and deserve what we apply for!
    I wouldn't tell people to give up even though I felt like doing that so many times because it makes you feel like that, i have experienced it myself and it's awful.
    I hope in the future you 're apply and get what you deserve! I'm sure everybody on here will be wanting the same for you :) 
  • leannemich
    Topkitten said:
    I know you mean well @leannemich but everyone has a right to put their own views and experiences whether positive or negative so long as they abide by the forum rules.

We have all here gone through a roller coaster of emotions and, depending on which point we are at in the ups and downs, will feel more or less likely to provide positive or negative replies. No one should feel that their input is not wanted or that you can only post about nice things. If that's what people want I would suggest using Facebook where no one even acknowledges anything not nice or lovely.

TK
    I know that but on almost every post I have seen it's been negative! I know how hard it is.. I've been through it, I know challenging the DWP is very hard but I wouldn't be negative.. I keep it positive and try and push people to keep going like I did myself! In the end I got there after a year of trying and trying whilst battling what I have myself. I'm just a positive person and hate seeing negative things and if I can give people that bit of hope I certainly will when I can! Like I said I wasn't being rude to that person but every post I see its negative and like I know myself when you're going through something so tough it's nice to have a bit of positivity even whilst explaining the bad you have been through :) 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Everyone's views are valid and we all know that applying for benefits can be an extremely stressful process. Please do be mindful that everyone has a slightly different experience with the benefit system (as well as being different in how we deal with/ or can cope with this stress). I think it is important to note that we must support everyone who is going through that process, whether it has been positive or negative. We should use our experiences to help others, but please bare in mind it is up to them if they challenge the decision, despite the fact many people are deserving of the benefit. 

Thanks guys! :)
    Scope

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    @leannemich, I have always been told I should be more positive but I guess it isn't in me. I am a pessimist at heart. In a way though that can be a good thing at times because, if I always assume the worst, things will never be worse than expected and usually better which is a positive outcome. I find it difficult to understand how optimists cope when, more often than not, they are disappointed by the outcome of any given situation, lol!

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Yadnad
    edited July 2018
    Topkitten said:
    @leannemich, I have always been told I should be more positive but I guess it isn't in me. I am a pessimist at heart. In a way though that can be a good thing at times because, if I always assume the worst, things will never be worse than expected and usually better which is a positive outcome. I find it difficult to understand how optimists cope when, more often than not, they are disappointed by the outcome of any given situation, lol!

TK
    Here here you are right on the nail with that comment.

I was always taught never to expect anything from anybody and you must always plan for the worst and hope for the best.

The only person you can truly rely on is yourself

I can still hear my dad telling me all of that when I was young and growing up.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.