Question about Capability Of Work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Question about Capability Of Work

Options
Flinty94
Flinty94 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello :)

I've been on ESA since around 2010.

I just received a Capability Of Work questionnaire through the post today.

How long will it take for a response after I've filled it in and sent it to them? Do my benefits remain unchanged until then?

What's the likelyhood of a face to face interview? Do my benefits remain unchanged while they sort that out?

Thank you

Connor

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not had such letter as in support group, but I expect there is a return date so the sooner you fill it in the better. As for time scale as to if you have to have a F2F  may depend on the centeres work load for your area. I would have thought the benefits would, should remain until the outcome of the capability for work has been accessed carried out. Good luck and keep us updated and please continue to post when you need information or to comment on another's post.
  • Flinty94
    Flinty94 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    wilko said:
    Not had such letter as in support group, but I expect there is a return date so the sooner you fill it in the better. As for time scale as to if you have to have a F2F  may depend on the centeres work load for your area. I would have thought the benefits would, should remain until the outcome of the capability for work has been accessed carried out. Good luck and keep us updated and please continue to post when you need information or to comment on another's post.
    I believe I am in the support group

To be fair I am thinking about setting up my own business and I think I can set it up and earn a living from it before my benefits get cut then if all goes well I can cancel all my benefits as I won't need them :)
  • Lynette1066
    Lynette1066 Community member Posts: 47 Connected
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I have just had one myself. Make you sure make the deadline. The letter has a date to return this. I even had two reminder letters. One after two weeks. Takes a few days to get through the Post Office system, shocking. I found out that Maximus, health assessment for DWP, will not ask GP for a report. I would make sure you send in any medical reports, ask GP for letter. I paid for mine but, I also needed it as proof of disability for jobcentre and future ref. You can download a form and fill it in. I found this a lot easier. Due to being able to press print and having a copy for the medical.
     The time from sending in form to medical next week is a four week turn around. Just a feeling that DWP assessing loads of people in prep for full transfer to UC? Plus to balance their books? They do not give enough time to fill it in. Good luck. An overly stressful time having to do this.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.