Benzodiazepine diet — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benzodiazepine diet

sam12
sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
I need help to lower the withdrawal blood sugars 
No sugar no caffiene or chocolate or mono sodium glutamane 

In am eating lettuce 
Sadine in olive oil 
Wholemeal bread 0.01gr natural sugar 
Zero free sugar chicken 
Rye bread 
Eggs
Cheese 1gr
Fruit pears satsuma 
Raspberrys. Strawberry banana 
Wholemeal rice 
Fresh fish 
Is.this healthy diet for withdrawal symptoms soon can heal to get weight back to normal

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hopefully @KirstenNutritionAdvisor will be able to advise on this :)
  • KirstenNutritionAdvisor
    KirstenNutritionAdvisor Community member Posts: 53 Courageous

Your blood sugar level is the amount of sugar (glucose) obtained from what you eat that’s circulating in your bloodstream to provide energy to cells immediately or be stored for future use. A well-balanced blood sugar level is crucial to your overall fitness,  well-being and regulating your hormones.

If you’re eating too many fast releasing carbohydrates, it can leads to high blood-sugar levels, which could cause your body to store it as fat, if it is not burnt off. Ironically, not getting enough sugar can also leads to putting on extra pounds! Eating too little glucose can lead to a low blood sugar level, causing your body to go into “starvation mode” where it burns your lean muscle instead of the fat.

Balance is what we are striving for. You don’t need to be fear full of carbohydrates; we just need to eat the ones that nourish our body.

In order to supply yourself with energy throughout the day, you require regular small meals every three and a half to four hours, each containing the protein and carbohydrates. This ensures efficient blood sugar management, and helps to prevent the highs and lows in energy often experienced during the normal day and it’s at those lows that you are more likely to want the sort of foods that are nutrient poor. This will help you feel more energetic and happier and also help you lose any excess weight you may have faster.

It is vital that you don’t skip meals or snacks so please add in some protein to your mid-morning and mid afternoon snack. I would like you to have small regular meals, even if it’s just the apple and a couple of seeds mid-morning and mid-afternoon. It doesn’have to be complicated, just practical, the benefits of maintaining a balanced blood sugar level is not just with regards to weight but helps with hormones and feelings of fatigue too. 

Basic rules

1.Eat protein with complex carbohydrates – this will ensure that the glucose created from the food is consistent and avoids ‘flooding’ the cell with more glucose than it can absorb leading to excessive insulin production. 

2.Eat every three and half to four hours even if it’s only something small and even if you aren’t especially hungry, this helps ensure that your metabolism is kept fired up again, 

3.Eat breakfast – never skip breakfast, you can have any protein with any complex carbohydrate you want.

4.Avoid sugar and refined (white) carbohydrate foods– following my plan should help reduce sugar cravings, but avoiding sugar will itself help balance glucose levels and also reduce the craving for sugar. This will help create consistent energy levels.

• sam12
    sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
    Am only eating fruit ryvita eggs sardines in olive oil cheese  occasional bread whole meal lettuce veg can u send me a diet sheet what to have  eat stages and plan meal for for me pls am desperate for help Kant do it myself been taken to hospital emgecney ambulance today my heart like a footie 

Brightness