ESA3 form confusion — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA3 form confusion

Options
binky85
binky85 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi All
I received a ESA3  form regarding that they could possibly owe me money.
I'm confused I have been receiving high rate pip and mobility and dla before it was changed I'm sure I was entitled to the severedisabilityenhancement  rateam but never got it is was getting around £210  a fortnight esa so would that have been with the severedisabilityenhancement included on that amount I know I was in wrong group as I could never apply for any help when I desperately needed it easy. Eg budget loan ect I struggled for years.they said in letter if I was they would backdated it from Oct 2014.do anybody know anything was I also intitled to a extra £60 a week or was it already getting it with getting £210 per fortnight 
Please somebody give me some sort of answers as it's picked my head and I don't know what is happening. 
Thanks in advance 
Binksy

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Binksy

To be honest the only way we can be sure about this is to see a breakdown of your award. The award letter should show a breakdown of how your ESA has been worked out and if a severe disability premium has been included it would be referenced including the amount which is £64.30 per week for this year and was £62.45 per week in 2017/18.

If you no longer have a copy of the award letter you could telephone the ESA office and ask them to send you a copy.

If you have a copy of the award and need help checking it you could perhaps take a copy of it (without revealing your identity of course) and attach it to another post. We'd be happy to help further.

David
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.