My esa and pip journey — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My esa and pip journey

Gwendoline1
Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
In 2016 I had an assessment for pip, the lady ( a nurse )who did the assessment was polite and to a degree sympathetic. At the time I didn't nor my husband had a clue how it all worked. We didn't know about requesting the assessment report from the hcp, mr or tribunals. I did have my application form filled in by CAB. When I had the dwp decision I had both standard in care and mobility, I accepted the outcome and felt it was right for my needs. I then went on to have my first esa assessment, what a shock. It started with my husband pushing me in my wheelchair from the parking area a shortish distance to the assessment centre, a lady was walking behind us and my husband stopped to let her pass and she commented it's okay so we carried on, we were unsure which building it was so my husband stopped and said to me I'm not sure which one it is " it's this one, I work here ", it still didn't click that she'd watched us because this was so new to us. The assessor again a nurse was so rude it shocked both me and my husband, when the report came it was unbelievable missed out and distorted so many things and commented how well kept I was, no different from anyone else. I was placed in the wrag group which I felt wasn't the correct group because of my needs. I phoned CAB and was then informed about mr which I did but was unsuccessful. This year I had my 2nd esa a neurological nurse, she understood my medication and my disabilities ( I do think this helps ) Outcome support group I knew this within 2 weeks. Decided to ask for a re assessment on pip filled form out in February, had my assessment on the 4th June a physiotherapist she was very polite and understanding of my disability,had my hcp assessment report ( after requesting it this time) on the 13th June she given me 12 points for mobility and 14 for care, recieved a letter of dwp dated 21st stating they had all information they needed. Guess what ? I rang today to see if a decision had been made, not yet still waiting. Sorry it's very long I just wanted to share if someone else is going through the same, you are not on your own.?

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done you, it depends on who the acessor is their qualifications ect, as yours understood your problems and medical condition has given you the correct result. But it's the waiting for the official award letter for comfirmation. Keep posting.
  • Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Hi wilko I know it's sooo frustrating. I do think it helps if you are lucky enough to have the assessor that's connected with your disability. I will keep posting and let everyone know the result fingers crossed ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.