About pip review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

About pip review

Options
chechick
chechick Community member Posts: 18 Connected
I went for my pip review 4weeks ago still havnt had decision ive phoned them plenty of time and they said that its still with the decision maker lm worrying stressfull waiting, but 2 weeks ago l received a letter saying WE NOW HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION WE NEED TO MAKE A DECISION, we now have the information we need to decide if we can reward you personal independence payment is that a bad sign receiving that letter and how long will l hear from them for the decision thanks...

Comments

• Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Options
    Hiya Checkick, I had my pip assessment on the 4th June, I had my pip hcp assessment report on the 13th of June and I am also waiting, very impatiently I may had. I rang yesterday and was told " Mmmm yes it's been a month, mmmm there is a back log so give it a week or two " I've no nails left chewed them all off. Good luck hope you here soon ??
  • Gwendoline1
    Options
    Just to add I've also had the letter stating they've received everything they need to make a decision ?
  • chechick
    Options
    It is very stressful lve got no nails lefts ha ??its horrible waiting isnt it we shouldnt have to wait this long my nerves are shocking with worry,thank you and good luck to you too hope you get the right decision ?and l hope you hear soon too, is it a good sign receiving that letter,plus when l asked for my reports they said they couldnt give me them ?
  • Gwendoline1
    Options
    I really new on here but have read lots of experiences good and bad alike. I'm already receiving pip but due to my health deteriorating I asked to be re assessed. What I e read is that these letters do go out. Regarding asking for your report I had no problem getting mine and what I've read on here is that unless you live in Northern Ireland you are entitled to it, I'd ring again. What the advice is on here and I totally agree is that you need your hcp assessment report in hand before the letter from the decision maker because if you decide to appeal it's there ready instead of using the precious time up waiting for it. If it was me I'd ring again plus you will have a idea maybe how the outcome may go, good or bad I don't know because it's not the final outcome but fingers crossed. Read other stories on here I found it helped me, it made me feel I'm not the only one in this situation.
  • chechick
    Options
    Thats me lm qute new on here too,l will give them another call some of them dont no what there doing half the time,thanks for writing back to me hope you get the decision you deserve good luck ?
  • Gwendoline1
    Options
    I've had mixed responses from them too. I feel either they can't be bothered, not interested or get a kick out of misleading you. You do have a right for you assessment letter and God knows when we'll find out, good luck again and hope you'll have a good out come. Let us know ,I feel like I've read it helps others who are in the same or similar situations. It's so stressful like  you've said ,I'm finding old demons are raising their ugly heads too, I suffer from anxiety and depression ( not part of my pip it's physical for me ) and I've been pretty stable for a long time but this is awful, never hopefully we'll know soon ??
  • chechick
    Options
    Ano they cant be bothered half of the time hopeless they are when l phone them again l am gonna demand the reports,, fingers crossed we will hear soon l will let you know how l got on you let me know how you got on too??hopes its a good outcome for us and hopefully it will be very soon we hear.
  • Gwendoline1
    Options
    Yes I hope it will be a good outcome for us, my fingers are so tightly crossed there's no blood going to them haha! I'll let you know once I know yet again good luck ?
  • chechick
    Options
    Hi gwendoline 1 have you heard anything yet l havnt lve been waiting over 4 weeks now..
  • Gwendoline1
    Options
    Hiya Checkick, no I haven't my assessment was on the 4th of June. It's ridiculous how long it takes, I appreciate they must have loads to assess but I'm beginning to become very impatient. I might give them a ring later, I'll have a hell of a shock if they have made one but I'm in the mind set I'll still be waiting. If I do ring them I'll let you know either way. Fingers crossed hahahaha 
  • Gwendoline1
    Options
    Also I was told by my assessor that I would take 8 weeks but I thought she was just making a figure up.
  • Gwendoline1
    Options
    Hiya Checkick , decided not to ring,not the best of days a lot of pain today maybe I'll ring tomorrow. Let you know when I have the dm decision. Good luck ?
  • chechick
    Options
    Haha bleeding hell there taking the time its really stressfull lets hope we will hear soon l went for mine on the 11th june bet we will wait about 10months ha fingers crossed we will hear soon good luck to you again ??
  • Gwendoline1
    Options
    Hiya Checkick, just spoke to dwp still with the dm ?. I'll just drop them a line now and again. ?
  • chechick
    Options
    ??? taking there time mine still with the dm too ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @chechick, I hope you are able to get things sorted with this!
    Scope

• chechick
    Options
    Thank you @Chloe_Scope still not heard anything yet just hope its soon its so nerve recking waiting for a decision..
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @chechick I hope it is soon!
    Scope

• chechick
    Options
    Still havnt heard anyhting everytime l phone lm getting told different!! There taking there time
  • Gwendoline1
    Options
    Hiya Chechick, just saw your post, I've still not heard anything yet  either?.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.