Breathing App — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Breathing App

susan48
susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
Just wanted to share this great app.

I have panic attacks and was told about this app, it’s called Breathing Zone.

It costs £3.99 but it’s great at helping to slow your breathing down to a normal rate.

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    There are also some good free ones 
  • fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    wow never heard of this at all, not knew of any free ones @susan48 @debbiedo49 . I have a couple of friends who suffer from panic attacks and this could be extremely helpful, well one of them insists on having a brick of a phone and probably could not access it, but since she visits me often I could have it here and she could use it when it happens. Thanks ladies :)
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    thanks @debbiedo49 will give her that as well :)
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • sue1965
    sue1965 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    A breathing exercise I have learnt over the past few years, both for pain management and depression! It`s called `7/11 breathing` You breathe in deeply for a count of 7 through your nose then breathe out through your mouth counting to 11(quite slowly). At first I was unable to count/breathe that much so I started at 4/7. It is a very good `tool` for panic attacks as well as anxiety and pain! The counting and breathing help you to take control little by little and no-one can see you do it if you`re out and about! Counting helps your brain to slow down its hyperactivity, allowing you to divert your `attack` thus reducing the time and level of it. Hope it helps. God bless

Brightness