Pip points — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip points

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 10 Connected
Hi,

My wife just received the enhanced awards for both parts.
The points were 13 for part A and 16 for part B. When reading the points total for eating and drinking she got awarded 0 points despite medical evidence that she should not under any circumstances eat or drink without supervision as most times I have to clear blockages to enable her to breath. Is it worthwhile asking for the PA4 or is it best left alone. This may sound funny but my wife was more upset that they had not recognised that than if she had been denied the PIP.

Comments

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi

Well done to you both for getting enhanced PIP.

I would request a copy of the assessment report, for your information and future review.

I would leave matters alone and concentrate on making your lives as comfortable as possible.

Best wishes
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done to you both having for getting high rates in both categories well deserved, get a copy of your acessment report for future reference or claims renewal.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.