Odd Shoes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Odd Shoes

Options
OddJoShoe
OddJoShoe Community member Posts: 8 Courageous
Hi, I saw on here somewhere that someone was asking about Oddshoes and what they should do with them or where could they get them - typically I can't find the thread it was on.

Anyway, my names Jo and I run a facebook group called Jo's Odd Shoes. It started because I can only wear one shoe (I've got CRPS amongst other things and I'm shortly going to have my leg amputated)

I got a group of similar people together to swap their Odds, rather than throw them away.  Now we have about 330 members and are getting Odd Shoes donated from lots of the big manufacturers.

If this is something that would help you then please come along and have a look.  We  don't charge for the shoes, just the post & packaging.

Theres a couple of questions to answer before we let you in, but that's just so we can keep a review on the safety side of things.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/OddShoesJo/

Comments

• fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    That is amazing, I wonder if you have written to various charity shops as well to ask them for the odd shoes, also what about house clearance companies after someone may have went in to care or has died, if you have a few local to you it might be worth getting in touch with them and see if they come across anything like it they can donate.
    Hope this gets bigger and better for you :)
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • Shellbells
    Shellbells Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Searching for new members and look who is already on board.  
    Jo’s Odd Shoes is the perfect place for great shoes! 
    ??We  need more members and certainly shoe donations, if anyone has any contacts please let us know. 

Brightness