Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

declandog1984
declandog1984 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
10 months ago I went to the pip apointement them got a letter that I on the higher rates on both components and I think it right that government give us more money even they didn't wanted to but can I say the other I think it right they cut the esa work related activity because there are lazy people who are not working at the moment. I in the support group but not on income related. 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @declandog1984, hello and welcome to the community, no the government does not and should not be giving us more money for PIP awards, yes for those with severe or with a birth disability as for those of us who have become disabled in later life who have worked paid our taxes spent our earnings on cigarettes, beer, holidays or what ever and now because we have no savings having spent all our money think the government should help us to live our life's. A friend of mine worked since a seventeen year old till early sixties has a private pension, life insurance policy own car and now disabled claims benefits he has paid in and is grateful for the little help he gets unlike those who have never paid in or very little and claim buckets loads of benefits. People have to be more responsible for their financial affairs and not spend now claim later attitude.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @declandog1984, and thank you for sharing your views with us.

To ensure the community remains a safe and supportive place for all, we ask all members to make sure they're presenting their opinions with tact, and that they respect others' views and suggestions. You may like to check out our online community guidelines to find out more about this. We look forward to having you as part of our community!
  • Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Hello declandog1984, unless I've misunderstood your comments which I'll apologise for, I was so shocked and felt I needed to defend some of the people claiming wrag. Again if I've misunderstood you I apologise and do correct me. I have worked for 39 years first as a Saturday girl, went to college whilst having a waitress job to fund me and then onto full time work. I  married and went on to have 2 beautiful children ( still happily after 35 years ) My husband and I worked hard and never relied on anyone nor needed to claim benefit, didn't even know what benefits there were or how it worked. I felt I was one of the lucky ones that didn't need it. Sadly 3 years ago my health took a very sharp nose dive and my husband and myself had to work out how to claim benefit. After having to leave the job I loved I claimed the start of esa, now bare in mind we knew nothing about benefits, did go to CAB and was given some help ( they are so so busy ) I was given an assessment date and went along the assessor a nurse was unbelievable so rude,again like many stories on here she lied. I was so shocked, I felt after all these years that my husband and myself paid into the system I was made to feel like a criminal. I was placed into wrag, we'd gone from both of us working to my husband being my carer. I did try and go to mr, some shape but lack of knowledge and understanding I was turned down and put back in wrag. My assigned support worker at the job centre was shocked. Anyway second time around I'm in the support group, lost my contribution based esa which would have stayed if I'd been put in the support group from the beginning. I wanted you to see that not everyone is lazy in the wrag group, it could simply be lack of the benefit knowledge or a bad assessor. I hope this as given you food for thought and thanks for reading what I've written ??                                                     
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
    @declandog1984, hello and welcome to the community, no the government does not and should not be giving us more money for PIP awards, yes for those with severe or with a birth disability as for those of us who have become disabled in later life who have worked paid our taxes spent our earnings on cigarettes, beer, holidays or what ever and now because we have no savings having spent all our money think the government should help us to live our life's. A friend of mine worked since a seventeen year old till early sixties has a private pension, life insurance policy own car and now disabled claims benefits he has paid in and is grateful for the little help he gets unlike those who have never paid in or very little and claim buckets loads of benefits. People have to be more responsible for their financial affairs and not spend now claim later attitude.
    You would have a field day if you met my next door neighbour but one. He's lived here for almost 18 years and has never worked. I have no idea what is issues are but his attitude is that work is for others, not him! Yet, and I know this for a fact in that he has asked me to help him fill out his claim forms (ESA & DLA) in the past which I refused not wanting to be complicit in his actions, he still manages to play golf every Sunday, takes his two dogs out twice a day and goes to the local Social Club a couple of times a week. He has a Motability car, a blue badge and a part time crutch!
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi declandog1984
    i find your comment about WRAG people being lazy just a little insensitive.I am in the WRAG myself simply because I do not wish to put myself through the circus of applying for Support Group even though my jobcentre advisor said I should be doing so.
    I am still clinging to the hope that a cure will be found for my condition and I will be able to do at least a few hours a week.I am probably not the only person in this position so please be a little more careful when posting an opinion.
       Debsidoo.x
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi all, just reiterate @Pippa_Scope, we want the community to be a supportive place for all. We do respect you all have different opinions but please be mindful of how you state these things and consider if your views may offend other members. You may like to check out our online community guidelines to find out what we mean by this.
    We hope you al continue to benefit from the community and continue to share your thoughts :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.