IS IT OK FOR RANDOM STRANGERS TO PRAY FOR THE DISABLED IN THE STREETS? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

IS IT OK FOR RANDOM STRANGERS TO PRAY FOR THE DISABLED IN THE STREETS?

B1nkyb00
B1nkyb00 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
https://youtu.be/j9ujl7cqXf4?list=PLtbcZsZIvZdKpkO7ANHZiYhp1laIZR735
Really interesting video discussing whether or not its ok for random strangers to stop disabled people in the street and start praying for them. There are some really interesting comments too. 
B x

Comments

• Jazzguitar
    Jazzguitar Community member Posts: 180 Courageous
    Of course not. Neville Pearson
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    But why would they need to pray for disabled people ffs!! 

Seriously how patronising it that 
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    They think you're vulnerable enough to consider joining their church that's the main reason why they do it.

Jehovas witnesses were delivering leaflets round here the other week and caught me coming back from the corner shop on crutches, one woman said she'd pray for me because i obviously needed it. Not sure what she thought i needed and i didn't care to ask.

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    So right the sods are doing hate crime and pretending they care.
    Lets see if the police will do their job and arrest them

Of cause they wont. Thats why hate crime goes om year aftrr year
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @B1nkyb00 Thank you for sharing this. I am a Christian. Every body should be aware. The views of those who practise a faith and those who do not.

Whatever the view and opinion you choose .

Understand every body concern but it is happening in our community. This need and feel to heal or to pray for the disabled.

Had this lately get a young lad with a bible anybody wants to talk about God.  Every body laughing making fun and being judgmental. Appearances can be deceptive.

Like discussions on religion on God on why we all seem to doubt people wishing to pray for us but is it helping the community.

I have my views and opinions all prayers and the thoughts of prayer are and can be beneficial to the well being.

Is it a hate crime. Why is it a hate crime.?  They do not hate us all they are doing is trying to see how they can help us.  Whether in form of prayer or need some meditation or because tell us  as a community we need to be cared for and concerned.

If that means coming to a place of worship or sanctuary.  Trust me and we can try to understand and support you.  I know it is to some people the whole idea of Church is bible bashing and you have sinned.

Not that at all. It is trying to realise how the Church can advise. Did you know most Churches have advisors on benefits, concern with homelessness.  Looking at drugs, alcohol and addictions. Welfare support.

Must tell you my own story.  Was an atheist non believer.  Am OK with others the same. Then addiction got hold basically found myself from it.  Looking at the word of God.

All I can say that I found myself looking at what and given the choice how the bible and the words help me.

Simply did attend Churches but due to my illness and disability found it difficult.  Besides wanting to practise my own faith my way.  They all respected that.

Am into others faiths and totally respect them.  As we should all of us. We are a multi cultural society.

Do and still do read on religion and the matters around it all. Every body has a view an opinion.

Hope you all understand and have also seen the power of prayer. I am living proof of it.

Take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness