Just has WCA Medical, strange questions asked. For ESA. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just has WCA Medical, strange questions asked. For ESA.

Lynette1066
Lynette1066 Community member Posts: 47 Connected
I am pleased I have managed to get through my WCA medical. This today, was done by a GP, and a recorded medical. I started to cry a little after the medical. I knew if I had cried and walked out, this would have meant she could not complete the medical report.
1. She went through my complete medical history, back to when I was a child. Only thing I can think it may have something to do with old head injury?
2. She asked me to remember three things. I remembered but, only when taking my time to answer. I remembered clearly and quickly the second time. Stressing out by this point.
3. She asked me about anger, I told her about anger on the phone. Something I had not put on my form.
4. After the tape ended. She told me she did not know what they will award me? I am not expecting anything. I did ask her how many points she had recorded. Then told me this was for the DWP to decide and not her. Due to tape I wonder? 
5. She asked me PIP questions, on how and what I cooked. I was ready for this one. I was totally honest. 
This sounded like talking to my GP. 

This is a thank you to all who advised me on here. It helped a lot.
Can anyone help with the CD she gave me. I would like to be able to print out what was said and install it on my pc. For future reference.
Many thanks again. Oh teddy did help a lot, to get through the medical.

Comments

• Lynette1066
    Lynette1066 Community member Posts: 47 Connected
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for that. I will update when I get the results. But I am expecting under 15 points.
    I am pleased I managed to get through the medical. The DR tried to fluster me. She rushed me, would not let me fully answer. Gave me questions where," I cant do this due to ..... "  meant I could not do the prepped answer of I cant do this due to .......etc. So probably me stuffed.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Lynette1066,
    I agree with Mike. It's the DWP who decide on the points - they should look at ALL the evidence, not just the assessor's report. It actually sounds as if you had quite a thorough assessment, compared to some! They are not all bad. However, if you are not happy with the result of the assessment then you can complain about being rushed for your answers, as well as asking for a mandatory reconsideration.

I'd also bear in mind that 15 points is only one way of getting ESA. If you think work would be a risk to your health or the health of other people then that is another route. If you struggle to remember things then this could be significant, as could anger in the workplace. Anyway, do let us know what happens.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.