Pip information. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip information.

Options
rayrar80
rayrar80 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
Hi, my 16 year old son had his f2f a couple of weeks ago, the report was recieved by the dwp on the 3rd of this month, i also requested a copy of the report and on daily living hes scored 15 points and 8 on mobility, i am just wondering will the decision maker go with whats on the report also will i be waiting much longer for the decision?

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In general, yes the DWP will rubber stamp the report.
    How long? It depends what their work load is - it could be days, weeks or a couple of months - who knows.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yadnad, has answered correctly with the decision maker adding a time of how long the award will  before a reacessment is required. It's the waiting that upsets many people but you have read the report so know what you may, should get but not for how long for. Good luck.
  • HawkGoesCamping
    HawkGoesCamping Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi all.
    I had my Pip assessment 5wks ago & still haven't heard anything. In my assessment the assessor told me that she was not even going to ask me to complete a physical as she could see how much pain & discomfort I was in. I had to take pain relief half way through sitting the assessment. I'm wondering if this can be taken as a good sign of a positive decision for my claim?
  • rayrar80
    Options
    Hi, ask the dwp for a copy of the report, that will give you a good idea of what the decision might be.
  • HawkGoesCamping
    HawkGoesCamping Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi rayrar80
    Thank you for your feedback. I have recieved a letter this morning saying they have all the information they requite to make a decision. If I ring them, can I ask for a copy of my assessment or do I have to put it in writing?
  • rayrar80
    Options
    yes, i got a text to say they had recieved my report back so i called up the same day to requst a copy and recieved it 2 days later, ive still not had my decision back yet though.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.