Scope ESA Advice please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Scope ESA Advice please

Options
oldngrumpy
oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 216 Pioneering
Hi folks

I had a PIP assessment the other month, and the result I am challenging the decision.
This morning I have got another date for an ESA assessment. 
It never rains but pours..anyhow
In my PIP assessment I was lured into a false sense of security. I opened up with my comments revealed some details I didn't need to mention.
I am not going to be fooled again, and I will be switched on.
Can any folks who have been tripped up in their ESA Interview please give examples of how they were treated.
To stand me in good stead for any tripped. Thanks

Comments

• despondent
    despondent Community member Posts: 88 Connected
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Truthfully the way that you have worded your problem is very suspicious. If you are genuine how can they trip you up? What were the questions that tripped you up?

On this site we are truly suffering from disabilities, and want to help people through them. If I am wrong about you, I am sorry, and maybe you should think about how you word your problems.

• oldngrumpy
    Options
    I don't like your manner!
    FYI like quite a few people have mentioned on this forum the DSS have treated me and us like the proverbial.
    I am "very genuine" and have been like this since I was 12 yrs old...38 years of being disabled..thank you
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Options
    People get so personal on here .when people ask for help. It's meant too be a support group!
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Calm down people taking all this medication can do funny things to our brains and have effect on things and say things we don't mean. Just chill as some people take things what we write and take it in the wrong context.

Relax and be helpful. :) If you can't don't reply as that's not helpful. :'(
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Sammyanne64
    Sammyanne64 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    I cant really help on this one as I dont understand what you meant by tripped up, except for the way you said you opened up and said things that didnt need to be said.
    Best advice is to stick to facts and how it affects you on your worst days. If for instance you had one good day out of months and were asked a question do not go on to answer the question well it affects me in this way but one day I was able to do this that and that despite the fact that you were able to do that particular thing on that particular day one rainy day 9 months ago regardless it knocked you back for days would probably be taken and reported as fine no problems with that can do this that etc.
    Stick to your conditions, how they affect you the majority of the time. Dont exagerate and also dont put on a brave face and down play them either. As a good old saying I remember they used to say decades ago at the entrance to the labour ward at our local maternity unit. 'Leave your dignity at the door and pick it up again when you leave'. 
    Remember they are not your friend. They arent sitting there for a coffee and a chit chat. Never over share. 
    Best advice I can give Im afraid. 
  • oldngrumpy
    Options
    Thank you.
    Sammyanne64 said:
    I cant really help on this one as I dont understand what you meant by tripped up, except for the way you said you opened up and said things that didnt need to be said.
    Best advice is to stick to facts and how it affects you on your worst days. If for instance you had one good day out of months and were asked a question do not go on to answer the question well it affects me in this way but one day I was able to do this that and that despite the fact that you were able to do that particular thing on that particular day one rainy day 9 months ago regardless it knocked you back for days would probably be taken and reported as fine no problems with that can do this that etc.
    Stick to your conditions, how they affect you the majority of the time. Dont exagerate and also dont put on a brave face and down play them either. As a good old saying I remember they used to say decades ago at the entrance to the labour ward at our local maternity unit. 'Leave your dignity at the door and pick it up again when you leave'. 
    Remember they are not your friend. They arent sitting there for a coffee and a chit chat. Never over share. 
    Best advice I can give Im afraid. 

This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.