Esa re assessment for wca — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa re assessment for wca

smokeyjoey
smokeyjoey Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
I have just been for reassessment after getting ESA for a year, I've compared both reports and they are very close to the same, except my examination results are worse, as in my condition has changed, meds changed and increased and HCP advised unlikely to improve in longer term, what do you think that means?? 

Comments

• smokeyjoey
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @smokeyjoey, thank you for sharing this experience with us. It can be very hard to tell what initial reports mean and what the outcome of this will be. However, we all wish you the very best of luck and please do let us know how it goes :)
    Scope

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    I have just been for reassessment after getting ESA for a year, I've compared both reports and they are very close to the same, except my examination results are worse, as in my condition has changed, meds changed and increased and HCP advised unlikely to improve in longer term, what do you think that means?? 

@smokeyjoey you wrote "HCP advised unlikely to improve in longer term,"

I can tell you from experience as the HCP has advised the above you will more likely be put or kept in the ESA Support Group for up to 3 years.

The DWP DM tend to follow the HCP report. 
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• smokeyjoey
    Thank you I had confirmation of continuation till 2020 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.