Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
teacher22
teacher22 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Please how long can a pip be backdated
Claiming for the first time
My child is 17

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello teacher22, welcome to the community, as far as I know nearly as far back as when you made your claim. For example if you telephoned your applecation then received your written form to fill in in say June 1st then have your face to face interview in August and award letter arrives in September it will read something like this. I have looked at all the evidence and can award you X points for daily living and y points for mobility. And the award will be till  September 20xx when you will be reacessed. 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    It is only back-dated to the point at which you contact them to apply for it. You cannot apply for it retrospectively nor to any previous failed claims.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • teacher22
    teacher22 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.