PIP medical VS ESA medical
hi guys, ive got my first PIP assessment coming up this week , never had one before as i didn't know i could apply to claim it, I'm already in receipt of ESA support group. I have always had lots and lots of trouble with ESA medicals where the paperwork is full of lies contradictions and just plain bizarre comments, I get found fit for work end up doing mandatory reconsideration , get a random phone call and get told I am back in the support group, this has basically been the same routine for the last 6 or 7 years , its been a nightmare and definitely affected my health for the worse. I am worried now about the PIP assessment being the same, my health has deteriorated a lot in the last few months ive sent off medical evidence and have some extra new evidence i can take with me , So whats everyones experience? is it the same as ESA for the lies and general cynical money grabbing from the HCP' finding everyone fit for work?
- 49.3K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4.1K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 660 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 970 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 927 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 588 Chronic pain and pain management
- 650 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 704 Autism and neurodiversity
- 847 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.