Not heard from PIP mandatory, what should I do? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not heard from PIP mandatory, what should I do?

gudrun
gudrun Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
i have been   denied   PIP  send in the   mandantary   abought 8 weeks ago   still have   not heart anything back , i also   asked to see all files   they have about me   as my   GP and hospital where i am still a   outpatient has not been aproached by pip as they pointed out in  the   decition. under the,DPR law i still   have   nothing   so   far , so how long   they   have   to   give   me   the results  in the   madantary   i   returned as i do not    agree   with their   decition?
Regards
 Gudrun

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @gudrun   Pleased to meet you welcome.

In reply to your question I am not too sure of an answer.

I am sure a member of our community or team will know if that helps.

All I can do is add have you seen our information on Talk about PIP .

Anything there to give you some support and possible answers.

Also plenty of advice.

I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. We are a supportive community who care and share.

Please take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • gudrun
    Hi spiceman thank   you
       yes i do   need   help   as   some   of   this    aw    is   confusing .and  as i am disabled since2003   still a outpatient   in   addenbrookes , its   hard   to   understand.
     regards
    Gudrun
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @gudrun   Thank you for message and kind words.

Please can I add you are not alone here. Among friends.

Please can I also say speak to your local CAB local office.

Citizens Advice.  If that helps. Went down myself to help me with a form the dreaded PIP and was very useful and considerate. 

Also have a look at what support you can get.  They may be able to advise on that as well.  Might be worth a call.

I am disabled and have mental health issues. I struggle with forms and dealing with people. Just not easy so thought say they are very helpful.

Take it through step by step.

Am here anytime if you wish to chat.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • gudrun
    thank you  spiceman
     yes   i   Spoken with CAB , thats why i did the manatary , 
    i   have   Hepatitis C do through a wrong bloodtransfusion   in 1978   plus many other hickups like unregular heartbeat and  lipodermasclerosis,   i keep falling all over the place a my imune system is 17-27,i think   have to go bk into my wheelchair   its   agony walking and as the last fall was last   friday  bruised my hips , so   no good    in  the moment ,   have to   contact again   adult care   to   get   the chair bk ,  , so   nice   to   help me   did not knew it existed   till i   come   across it   this   morning 
    Regards
     gudrun
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gudrun and welcome to the community! Sorry to hear you are struggling with getting PIP. On the Scope website it says this:

Her Majesty's Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS) will acknowledge your appeal by sending you a letter.

• HMTCS will send a copy of your appeal to the DWP who can change their decision if they choose. They have to respond to the HMCTS within 28 days.
    • DWP will send you and HMCTS copies of their response and all paperwork relating to your claim.
    • Your appeal will be sent by HMCTS to the regional office who will arrange an appeal hearing.
    (https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/benefits/appeals)

Have you tried ringing up DWP?

Very best of luck!
    Scope

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @gudrun

I suggest you phone DWP and ask when you can expect a decision about your mandatory reconsideration.
  • gudrun
    thank you   Matilda   have   done   to day   the person said   its   with the    board should expected  this week or next

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.