Work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work

Stella_10
Stella_10 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited July 2018 in Work and employment
I suffers from RA for last 10 years. Place where i work, all these years reasonable adjustment was done. Now the company is taken over by a new company. My contract comes under TUPE. I have been asked by my doctors that I should not do evening shifts because of my condition. The new company has given all of us a new Rota where they gave me shifts with evenings (this was given without any meeting or discussion) when I asked to re look the Rota they said there are other associates who work with me having same RA are doing evenings then why not me? I explained them that the conditions are not same so please re look. I brought the letter from my GP to proof that I have this condition and the manager immediately said that if you disagree to the Rota then we will send you to OH again and also tell them that there are other people too who have the same disability. And they also said that I have done evening shifts before and also worked for overtime. I was shocked  and told them that OT which i did was to help with short of staffs and sone of the shifts which i did was, asked by my supervisor and also the days when I worked was my good day.  They sent me to OH and the report came and it says the same I should work only day shifts and also if it is my good day I should be allowed to work.
When the OH report came they sent me the email saying that as it's me who asked for the OH report and looking in to the previous report we are giving you 3 options to consider. 1. Redeployment 2. Reducing hours.3. Doing 2 evening shift and then next day off for recovery day.
I have asked them to re consider the Rota as- I am not willing to reduce my hours  redeployment is only done when there is any change to my condition and evening shifts I can not as my condition does not allow me and also suggested by OH so why I can not be given a day shifts when there are 16 people who work in the same department.  Now they are saying as I did not agreed for any so they are going to put the Rota live where I now need to do evening shifts too. 
Please suggest or help. 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mwila_scope/ @Donisha_scope, is there anything you could suggest here?
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Stella!

It sucks but you must start over again. There are organisations that help disabled people who can and want to work. Remploy is one of them. Start by contacting one of them for now. They can help you find work. 

What are your strengths and weaknesses? Do you have any qualifications or not? Please tell me about your interests. Once you have researched positions you can do and like apply for them. Good luck job hunting. 
  • Stella_10
    Thank you so very much April and Mike. Solicitor been contacted. I am member of union. You will be surprised to know that- all this time employer was supported by union and the options they gave was suggested by union. After solicitor's letter, the employer agreed to give me shifts as per OH report. Thanks again x
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    That was quick. Good luck!! 
  • magunra2k
    magunra2k Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    Hi Stella!

It sucks but you must start over again. There are organisations that help disabled people who can and want to work. Remploy is one of them. Start by contacting one of them for now. They can help you find work. 

What are your strengths and weaknesses? Do you have any qualifications or not? Please tell me about your interests. Once you have researched positions you can do and like apply for them. Good luck job hunting. 
    this is terrible advice
  • Stella_10
    Magun and Mike, thanks again x
  • Stella_10
    I was bit shocked with April's response. But end result is the happy :smile:

Brightness