pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip

jasman
jasman Community member Posts: 5 Listener
hi. I was getting dla.since 1998.for life.due to a accident on my bike.i had a motabity car etc.
then one day I got aletter saing.my dla was stopping.i will have to apply for pip.so I did. they sent me to a centre and I had my assecment,it went ok the hca said I would be ok and should get high rate pip.so I weighted. then I got letter saying I will have to have another assessment.at home.the day come and no one turned up at my house.i phoned and they told me.she called but I was out.
she had gone next door. so I was told another appointment. this time a woman called,she asked me all the questions etc. and went.then I got the letter saying I was only getting lower rate of both.i read the report,and was shocked by the lies.and things I wish I could do.was suppose to have done.i phoned dwp.and they looked at the report,and said it stands.i could not face a appeal so bough a old bangor to use to get around. now I have bowel probs and have to go through it all again..this time I will have some one here to be a witness.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jasman, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thank you for sharing your experiences- I'm so sorry to hear about what you've been through.

When you say you're going through it again, are you now in the process of doing a new application? If so, Scope's information on PIP and Citizens Advice's guidance on filling in the PIP form may be worth a read. Do keep us updated and come back to us with any questions!
  • jasman
    jasman Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    yes I told dwp. I had a problem after having.a camera.up my six to have a biopsy.
    and they have sent me a letter saying I have to fill in a how dis affect you form in.or they will stop my pip
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Try to get some f2f advice from CAB or similar, or welfare rights.

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    jasman said:
    hi. I was getting dla.since 1998.for life.due to a accident on my bike.i had a motabity car etc.
    then one day I got aletter saing.my dla was stopping.i will have to apply for pip.so I did. they sent me to a centre and I had my assecment,it went ok the hca said I would be ok and should get high rate pip.so I weighted. then I got letter saying I will have to have another assessment.at home.the day come and no one turned up at my house.i phoned and they told me.she called but I was out.
    she had gone next door. so I was told another appointment. this time a woman called,she asked me all the questions etc. and went.then I got the letter saying I was only getting lower rate of both.i read the report,and was shocked by the lies.and things I wish I could do.was suppose to have done.i phoned dwp.and they looked at the report,and said it stands.i could not face a appeal so bough a old bangor to use to get around. now I have bowel probs and have to go through it all again..this time I will have some one here to be a witness.
    Unfortunately what you have suffered is nothing new.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.