PIP documents — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP documents

Bonnieward93
Bonnieward93 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hiya guys hope you are all well, was sent my documents back I.e the copy of the pip form I filled in, evidence I sent weird thing is at the front was my claim leading up to winning tribunal in 2016 thought that was weird, but what my concern is I found someone's letter they wrote to Dwp in my documents now I'm worried someone has mine. Im concerned about sending it back as I don't want them to just brush it under the carpet, it had the poor man's NI number and address and name 

Comments

• toki
    toki Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    i had a similar thing a few years back when i asked the DWP for everything they had on my file in regard to an ESA tribunal, i got a big chunk of someone elses paperwork including medical records!!! I got in touch with my MP 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello this is a breach in the data protection act, and should be reported to the correct authorities. It is gross negligence by the person processing your papers, and the department and the DWP just be brought to task regarding this incedent. Thanks for bring this to the public domain. Keep posting and update on your appeal. 
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi Bonnieward93
    I would ask for the correct information to be returned and I would also keep a copy of the information you have belonging to the other person.This is in case you have to dispute anything in your assessment claim.You will then be able to point out that the initial assessment may be flawed and still have the information to hand if proof is needed.
       Debsidoo.x
  • Bonnieward93
    Thank you guys, does anyone know why they sent my evidence from past PIP please x
  • debsidoo
    Hi Bonnieward 93
    They probably sent your evidence from previous PIP as it will be on your file and will go some way towards establishing the basis for your continuing claim.The fact that it was granted previously will form part of their decision.Old evidence is just as good as new evidence if it shows you have issues that will not improve over time.
        Debsidoo.x
  • Bonnieward93
    Thank you debsidoo, I read the tribunal tracking and it says wel update you by 4th September does that mean il have a date by then do you know please? X
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    debsidoo said:
    Hi Bonnieward 93
    They probably sent your evidence from previous PIP as it will be on your file and will go some way towards establishing the basis for your continuing claim.The fact that it was granted previously will form part of their decision.Old evidence is just as good as new evidence if it shows you have issues that will not improve over time.
        Debsidoo.x
    The DWP in their appeal bundle will do little to give the claimant credit or evidence which can be used in evidence by the claimant to support the appeal.
    Their job is to prove that their decision was the right one - they are not there to help the claimant out.

There must be a reason why they have included this information - the intent is always that will it add weight to the DWP's argument by including it?.
  • Bonnieward93
    So do you you think there comparing my evidence the last lot was including more input due to being in and out of hospital now I'm not been in hospital for 2 years but still struggling 
  • debsidoo
    Hi Bonnieward93.
    When you made your latest claim if you asked for previous evidence to be taken into account they will include it anyway so it should be in your bundle.
    Debsidoo.x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.