Award — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Award

tina1888
tina1888 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
So I was awarded the highest rate on daily living and got 8 points on mobility but as I've said before the assessor lied or certainly left parts out.
I was at dermatologist a few days ago because I have been really ill. She said they were going to do another biopsy on me and mentioned a biopsy I'd had 3 years ago. Saying did anyone tell u they thought it was lupus?
Of course no one had mentioned it to me. 
I had my pip assessment in Feb I'm wondering does this make a difference or back up my exhaustion not able to walk very far pain etc? 
Although I'm just finding out I've obviously had this for a while. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanx

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, informing DWP about the biopsy taken three years ago that the diagnosis may be lupus, I feel will have no affect on your PIP award. And should you reapply the medical evidence is not a proven conclusively comfirmation of lupus only a verbal comment they think it may be lupus. If you had met the criteria for getting the enhanced mobility allowance in PIP you would have been awarded it regardless of this inconclusive medical evidence that has been given to you recently. 
  • tina1888
    Lol I do meet the criteria it's just the people that test you lie and fail to give the propper information over to make you loose points. 
    I would like to say I found that comment really ****!!!!! Have a good day.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tina1888
    PIP is decided on how your condition affects your life rather than any possible diagnosis. For this reason, I don't think it would make a difference- sorry!
    I understand it can be really difficult when you believe you should have been awarded more, did you appeal the decision at the time?
    Scope

• tina1888
    Yes I have appealed. I'm waiting on date. My point was I am in pain constantly I told my assessor this. I can not walk very far before the pain is excruciating and I'm fatigued .
    We had secretly recorded the interview and their was parts the assessor just left out or minimilised .
    I don't think the previous person stating if I was entitled to it I would have got it was a very fair thing to say. 
    If that were so not so many people would be appealing and getting it what is the rate 70% of appeals winning.
    Thank u .
  • Chloe_Scope
    Thank you for your comment @tina1888, I wish you the very best of luck with your appeal! I believe the other person was just referring to the fact that a diagnosis wouldn't push the PIP decision, due to it being down to how it affects the individual. I do understand that many people do unfortunately have to appeal to get the claim that they deserve!
    Scope

• tina1888
    Yeah I got that but again my point was the first biopsy said I had Lupus. 
    I've suffered with symptoms getting worse for 3 years. 
    The latest dermatologist wants me to have another biopsy to confirm for her records.if it comes back and she says I have Lupus well I didn't just get it I have been suffering for 3 years with it.
    Just no one told me.

• Chloe_Scope
    @tina1888 that must be really annoying for you. Sometimes I wish they would share our own medical records with us!
    Scope

• tina1888
    I just think that when people comment they should be supportive or not bother. It's like trolling. 
    I've heard other people say things about people being horrible on here I suppose it was only a matter of time before I encountered one.
  • Chloe_Scope
    edited July 2018
    @tina1888 I am really sorry that you feel this way. Scope's online community strives to be a positive and inclusive environment. The aim is to support one another, but people have different opinions. It is important to bare in mind that other people do have different opinions and on the flip side to this- everyone should respect the views as others. As long as that view isn't directly harming or upsetting another user. If you see content you believe is breaking the community guidelines then please use the report function.
    You are a valued member of the community and I hope you feel able to continue sharing content with us all :)
    Scope

• tina1888
    Much appreciated. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.