Won tribunal but now need to have another assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won tribunal but now need to have another assessment?

cher77
cher77 Community member Posts: 95 Courageous
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all i won a tribunal due to assessors lies and her behaviour towards me in march/April this year now just received a letter from pip that i need to have another assessment end of this month can anyone advise me please this is really stressing me out 

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2018
    @cher77, how long did it say the appeal award was for, review date should state on you award letter.

They can review you a year before the review date states, so for example review date is 1st August 2019, they can review 1st August 2018.

**** I know but hope this helps
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2018
    cher77 said:
    Hi all i won a tribunal due to assessors lies and her behaviour towards me in march/April this year now just received a letter from pip that i need to have another assessment end of this month can anyone advise me please this is really stressing me out

I feel for you. I had 3 face to face assessments during the last 5 years and must admit it does indeed draw every bit of your strength out leaving you numb.
    As has been said a 3 year award is really only a 2 year one.
    Personally I couldn't face anymore and gave up.
    If you do have any strength left to fight them then go ahead.

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    cher77,

Unfortunately, the DWP can ask you to go to a reassessment at any time. They've recently announced they will stop repeat assessments for some, but I don't think there will be much you can do about being called to one, regardless of the length of your award. You might want to tell your MP about this, especially as it is causing you so much stress.

We don't know much about when PIP reassessments will be 'switched off', but guidance is due to come out later this summer, and it will be for people with 'severe or progressive' conditions. It's well worth telling your MP about your situation NOW so that they can feed into this process whilst the government are designing the new regime of 'light touch' reviews for some people.

Meanwhile, I'm sorry - and you could consider a complaint to the DWP about the stress caused, especially if you were given a long award.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• cher77
    @susan48 hi sorry for late reply once i had my assessment i got awarded standard was on the enhanced for both at that time my award letter stated end date April 2020 but failed the mandatory so went to court and won it didn't say and end date so my re assessment is August this year not looking forward to it just incase i get another awful person x
  • cher77
    @Yadnad it is draining this will be my 3rd f2f since November last year x
  • susan48
    @cher77, did the tribunal award letter not have either an end date or review date?
    Have you received a re assessment letter yet as my tribunal award was until 2019 , it states all dates included which means I will probably need to reapply next September.

Hope this makes sense 
  • susan48
    Sorry just re read your initial post.

I still don’t understand why though if you’v just won your appeal.

maybe check the tribunal award letter to see if there’s dates on
  • cher77
    @BenefitsTrainingCo yes my condition has gotten worse and with new problems finding out I've got a form of blood cancer have to move I to an adapted house ect so don't know if i want to fight it again the f2f assessor didn't phory copy all my new evidence she pretended to then it got lost apparently that's why i failed the mandatory but lucky for me i had all the evidence and sent it to the courts with everything else and even the courts reply was that i should of been kept on the enhanced for both
  • cher77
    @susan48 no award is showing rung about my appointment has had to change it as I'm pretty bad at the moment got refused home visit any the lady on the phone said there date is showing April 2019 but no dates are showing on my letter from the courts I'm wondering how do i get my local mp involved don't know where to start with emailing him 
  • susan48
    @cher77, google search to find out who it is, should be on your local council website and there should be an email address for them.
    Just write explaining the problems your having
  • susan48
    @cher77, my dates are at the bottom of a page with the amount in receiving, it just says until September 2019, all dates included 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • cher77
    Thanks @susan48 and @debbiedo49 will check it out x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.