Hi, my name is Ogmoose! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Ogmoose!

Ogmoose
Ogmoose Community member Posts: 11 Connected
My nickname anyway. Hi to all fellow sufferers. Reading some of your accounts makes me feel lucky. My diagnosis took less than 12 months thanks to a very switched on consultant at Stafford. At last I know I'm not nuts or a hypochondriac! 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ogmoose, and a warm welcome to the community! If we can be of any assistance, do let us know.
  • Ogmoose
    Hi,
    Thanks for the welcome,  still need to find my way round on here. Got fibromyalgia and CFS not really sure if that counts as a real disability when I see the courage of some people it seems a bit insignificant. Not ill, not dying, just aching and sleepy!
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Hi @Ogmoose, do let me know if you have any issues: our community guide may be helpful.

I believe fibromyalgia and CFS are now both recognised as disabilities- and as I'm sure you know, can massively vary in severity between different people. I have moderate ME/CFS myself and it's certainly no walk in the park!
  • Ogmoose
    Thanks, that makes me feel better. I suffer from foot in mouth too. I meant my own levels not other sufferers. It's more of a hobble in the park then a short kip on one of the benches. Hope I don't seem a bit of a berk, having a bad day.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Not at all @Ogmoose, definitely agree it's more of a hobble! Hope the rest of the day is as bearable as possible and that tomorrow is kinder to you!
  • Ogmoose
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ogmoose

A very "Warm" welcome to you today.

I'm part of the "community team" on the site. We are all here to help /support you in anyway!!!! 

Like a number of us on here I myself have got "Chronic Pain" 

This has now left me wheelchair ♿ bound. 

Yes I'm classifyed "disabled" now!!! 

This is no  "Problem"  at all. 

• Ogmoose
    Thank you. I really admire all the positive attitudes you are all really uplifting!

Brightness