How long should I wait to ring them regarding PIP Tribunal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long should I wait to ring them regarding PIP Tribunal?

Options
sniper6069
sniper6069 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I recently recieved an award for uppa tribunal on 26th june 2018 after fighting for it for a year my award given was standard care enhanced mobility they have issued me the award to 2020 but its going back to july 2017 how long should i take to ring them ive recieved the award by post from uppa tribunal 2 days after 26th any advice would be great

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's a bit short - they will want to reassess you again in June next year!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi @sniper6069
    Congratulations on getting through your tribunal! Thank you for sharing this with us all. Are you wanting to know when to ring about the backdated payment? If so, it can take them 6- 8 weeks to get things sorted. However, there is no harm in ringing up at any time to see where they are at with your claim. The back payment will come separately to the normal monthly payments. If you need anything else then please let me know :)
    Scope

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Options
    I won my tribunal and like you was awarded enhanced mobility and i received my back dated money within 3 weeks 
    Even tho you have been awarded this till July 2020 unless the judge has mentioned a review 12 months prior to your end date the DWP will not review you till 14 weeks before the end of your award 
    It took 18 months to sort my appeal and on the original award was from Dec 2016 to Dec 2019 with a review due Dec 2018  but the tribunal have set aside the original award and unless they state a review date you will receive a letter from the DWP inviting you to re apply for PIP 14 before your end date.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you very much for sharing this with us @markyboy!
    Scope

• lisabrazil80
    lisabrazil80 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
    Options
    Will I get pip back for my medical health I waitid 2years for them sort it out now waiting for appeal can thay back bate 2years it for my medical health I got personally diagnosed and dipressson can any one shed some lite on this or eny one been thorough this thank u

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.