I won my PIP tribunal, what's next? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I won my PIP tribunal, what's next?

Options
manthyfin
manthyfin Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I won my pip tribunal a week ago .and i rang dwp  yesterday to make sure they recieved it.they did  on the same day .she was very off and said that they have to make the final decision. And something about 28 days i dont understand .the decision was made by the tribunal panel and the dwp women there was asking so many questions i was in there for about an hour and 40 mins .i dont get this .this has been goong on for a year now im so fed up 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @manthyfin and welcome to the community. I hope you find it beneficial to be on the community. Congratulations on winning your PIP tribunal, this is amazing news! I know it can take some time to process this, I hope you are not waiting too much longer though!
    Scope

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2018
    Options
    manthyfin said:
    I won my pip tribunal a week ago .and i rang dwp  yesterday to make sure they recieved it.they did  on the same day .she was very off and said that they have to make the final decision. And something about 28 days i dont understand .the decision was made by the tribunal panel and the dwp women there was asking so many questions i was in there for about an hour and 40 mins .i dont get this .this has been goong on for a year now im so fed up 

Are you sure that it was a woman from the DWP who was representing the DWP that was questioning you?
    Normally the DWP have 28 days to decide and lodge an appeal against the Tribunal's decision if you won the case.
    There are limited grounds for doing so, but they have the right.

After that 28 days has expired and the DWP accept the Tribunal's decision it will take a few days maybe a few weeks to get the award into payment.
  • manthyfin
    Options
    Hi .yes it was definitely  a women from dwp x
  • manthyfin
    Options
    Ok thanks everyone x

• manthyfin
    Options
    There was 3 women in front of me 1 the judge .1 the doctor and the women from dwp .so do they have to wait until the 28 days r up or can they decide in that time .i mean if they decide not to appeal can they pay me what im owed with in that 28 days or do thay have to wait till the 28 days r up xxx

• manthyfin
    Options
    Hi i won my pip tribunal 3 wks ago .and i had a phone call yesterday asking if i had been abroad .if i was in hospital etc.... just wondered how long i have to wait now to receive my money .
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @manthyfin, congratulations! From what others have said, it seems to take between 5-8 weeks to put a tribunal decision into payment. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.