pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip assessment

tickety66
tickety66 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
not trying too put anybody off ,but i went for an assesment in november 2017 and within a week i was refused my pip ,they say it takes 2 to 4 weeks [so so wrong ]

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @ tickety66, your not putting anybody off, where you moving from DLA or was this your first claim for PIP.? If this was the later then you should have done a self test on PIP to see how you would fair for making a claim. Reading your post it sujests that you where able to do all the descriptors in the PIP acessment hence you not being awarding PIP. 
  • tickety66
    sorry if i have miss informed anybody ,i was on pip from 2013 too 2017 i was awarded  the daily living component at the standard rate ,i was awarded the mobility at standard rate ,i was assessed in november the 27th and was told a week later that my pip was stopping .my condition hadent got any better .they scored me 0 points on all descriptors even though i had medical evidence too back this up .i asked for a mandatory reconsideration but still zero ,i then went too tribunal and after an 1 hour grilling  i got 6 points for the daily component and 4 points for mobility ,my condition has now changed and i hope fingers crossed this time after another assesment next week it changes thankyou
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    tickety66 said:
    sorry if i have miss informed anybody ,i was on pip from 2013 too 2017 i was awarded  the daily living component at the standard rate ,i was awarded the mobility at standard rate ,i was assessed in november the 27th and was told a week later that my pip was stopping .my condition hadent got any better .they scored me 0 points on all descriptors even though i had medical evidence too back this up .i asked for a mandatory reconsideration but still zero 
    Exactly my experience too!

I have had three face to face assessments in the past 5 years. Each time they gave me zero points. I had that changed at MR stage twice back up to Enhanced Care & Mobility. The third time I just gave up as the thought of these assessments at my age (70) at such regular periods (every 2 years) was too much to cope with.
  • tickety66
    yadnad im sorry you have gone through the same scenario [but too be honest lets stick together and fight for what we should be entitled too.,dont give up 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    tickety66 said:
    yadnad im sorry you have gone through the same scenario [but too be honest lets stick together and fight for what we should be entitled too.,dont give up 

Unfortunately it is the end of the road for me with PIP. The third decision followed by the MR decision which confirmed that I am not entitled to any points was some months ago and is well over the 30 days allowed for me to lodge an appeal.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.