Assesers report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assesers report

Options
littleruthie123
littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
Hi do the dwp decision makers normally go with what the atos assesers recommend please?

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    mostly they do but they can question the assessor if they think that the recommended points are too high.
  • littleruthie123
    Options
    Sorry don't no what you mean as in question the asseser .ive seen my report and each descriptor has full explanations. Evidence etc.can they over ride the assesers?
  • Yadnad
    Options
    Sorry don't no what you mean as in question the asseser .ive seen my report and each descriptor has full explanations. Evidence etc.can they over ride the assesers?
    Of course they can. The assessor does not make any decisions, they are only there to present their findings to the DWP and offer an opinion as to what points to award.
    The decision maker makes the decision.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited July 2018
    Options
    They the DWP decision maker will always go with the assesment report 99%, on very rare occasion they won't. Everyone keeps saying it's down to the decision maker at the DWP that the will go by. Thats what they tell you? We all know it's the assessment that is the decision.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• littleruthie123
    Options
    Thank you that's what I'm hoping for 
  • Yadnad
    Options
    They the DWP decision maker will always go with the assesment report 99%, on very rare occasion they won't. Everyone keeps saying it's down to the decision maker at the DWP that the will go by. Thats what they tell you? We all know it's the assessment that is the decision.
    No not always. The decision maker can refer the case back to the assessor to re-work the case if they think the recommended points are too high for example. Of course the decision maker may well agree with the report as the report has been prepared by someone who is supposed to know better.

• littleruthie123
    Options
    So you would get 2 assesers report then if your saying they can send it back?
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes.

The assessor is only there to basically relay any findings to the DWP. The decision makers essentially are in charge of the actual decision likely made during the actual assessment. But you might find that both the decision maker and the assessor agree with the report. If they do not agree then you might find life more difficult than before. In that case complain.

Good luck. These assessments should be conducted fairly oftentimes they are not. I legitimately do not understand why the assessments can not be done in the applicant’s flat or house. Seems more appropriate if you are physically disabled in any way. Or if you have cognitive disabilities. Oh well. 
  • littleruthie123
    Options
    Hi thank you .Mine was a home visit thank goodness x
  • littleruthie123
    Options
    Had too right too get it though x
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Options
    Yadnad said:
    No not always. The decision maker can refer the case back to the assessor to re-work the case if they think the recommended points are too high for example. Of course the decision maker may well agree with the report as the report has been prepared by someone who is supposed to know better.

Having a-laugh. On very, very rare occasions they will send an assessment report back for re-work?

But it's more likely they always go with the assessment report and not as stated that most people still believe the DM gives the correct decision, that's what they want you to believe, as we all know this Government bend the rules to suit. What an assessment provider does is give a solid foundation for the DM as most have found out when they get there reports with O points and they the DM usually go by that, the assessment providers report I know I've been through this enough times. But my assessments fortunately have always thus far been in my favour and all have been correct with know lies.

My ESA has all been at Maximus 5 weeks thus far know assesment as yet. 
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• littleruthie123
    Options
    Thank you govermentsajoke .you've put my mind at rest a bit .My report was fairly honest apart from mental health .but I hardly got too discuss it .but was awarded 12 and 13 points .ive also kept back some evidence if needed. This waiting is so tense. Good luck with maximum I haven't had the pleasure of them yet lol!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.