Taking people to court — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Taking people to court

Topkitten
Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
... looking for equal rights is  not always a good idea. I have seen a number of people here recommending such action but consider the following.

Years ago transgender operations were forced onto the NHS by court cases suing the NHS for unfair treatment. Now the situation is this....

There are around 7,000 fully qualified surgeons in the UK capable of carrying out transgender surgery.

By comparison there are around 6 surgeons in the UK fully trained and capable of carrying our Cervical Spine surgery.

There is a massively greater chance of having successful sex change surgery than there is of repairing and recovering from a broken neck.

The numbers speak for themselves and there is nothing what so ever equal in those facts. Positive discrimination is still discrimination.

TK
"I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Comments

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    ****!
    Those facts need to be in the press. Most sensible people would rather doctirs fixed our crumberling spines than messing about with mother nature.
    As someone with a crumberling spine i say again ****!
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Adamin have made my post look like i used a 4 letter word.
    I DID NOT USE A 4 LETTER WORD
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Lol @Misscleo, must admit to being curious what you did use. Think I would have used a 4 letter word myself.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness