Storytellers wanted for new Channel 5 documentary — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Storytellers wanted for new Channel 5 documentary

Options
Liam_Alumni
Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
Fancy getting involved and sharing your story for a new TV documentary?

Lady posing for an interview behind a camera on a tripod

Nine Lives Media have been commissioned by Channel 5 to make a documentary celebrating the day-to-day lives of a range of inspirational people with restricted growth, who are achieving remarkable things in their working or personal lives.

Each episode will have four contributors and it will film them pursuing their hopes and dreams, chronicling their working life across a range of professions, whilst providing viewers with an insight into their medical diagnosis and their personal lives.

As well as entrepreneurial stories the programme also aims to cover other key milestones, such as:
  • Having a life-changing operation
  • Having a baby with Restricted Growth
  • Starting high school
  • Long-term marriage
If you're interested, happy to share your story or would like to find out more about the project, then contact Sophia by emailing sophia.slater@ninelivesmedia.co.uk or calling 0161 832 2007.
Liam

Comments

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    Whilst not averse to hearing success stories I would like to know why miserable failures of the system are hardly ever on TV.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Options
    hmmmmmm I do loathe these programs. Seeking out inspirational people..... I dont have restricted growth but if I did (or say they  were looking for wheelchair users which I am) my response would be I'M NOT FRICKING INSPIRATIONAL!!!! I AM NORMAL!!!!!
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    Interestingly most health service documentaries show only the type of problems healthy people expect to see. Only 2 show a fair roundup and those are "Inside the ambulance" and "The force: Essex". I assume that "The force" programs are equally true for all areas they are made for. They often show the time wasters and the multitude of ambulance call outs that could be easily dealt with by people making an effort themselves and using their GP, walk-in-centres and their own transport to A&E. People are very selfish and expect the system to cover their laziness.

Other such shows cherry pick serious problems only and somehow never show crowded A&E's which very often have ambulance crews wasting hours to book a patient into A&E because A&E is full of alcohol related incidents.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.