Pip appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal

kazzer2233
kazzer2233 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have just been refused pip after the mandatory reconsideration notice,I haven’t enough points to be awarded it,I have severe osteoarthritis in one knee,and because of an accident a few years ago have difficulty lifting with my left arm,I have trouble walking and getting upstairs,I do work and people have to help me there to, a woman at work got the lowest amount after an appeal,with the same thing as me,and she isn’t as bad as me,,is it worth going further with it? 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kazzer2233   Pleased to meet you welcome.

In reply to your question. I would in my opinion. Understand the difficulties and the problems around PIP. I would suggestion contact CAB or welfare rights.

All I can add also have a look at our posts and threads on PIP.  For further information and advice from our community.

As you are having problems with your disability . Have a look at our information. Talk about Specific Condition for information, advice. Lots of comments and talk , chat and support.

Hope that helps.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Kazzer2233,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

As @thespiceman says, Citizens Advice may be able to help you and have lots of information about the appeals process on their website.

We also have videos on the Scope website about the different steps on the DWP appeals process, which you may also find useful - including information about the tribunals stage.

I hope this helps!
    Liam
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    .........a woman at work got the lowest amount after an appeal,with the same thing as me,and she isn’t as bad as me,,is it worth going further with it? 
    No two people are alike even though they claim to have the same condition and the same problems caused by that condition.. On top of that assessors vary considerably. Some will give an accurate and honest report whilst others will make the whole thing up. Then we have the DWP. Each decision maker will consider if an award is due or not in his/her own way. You can have 6 different decision makers who will probably give 6 different awards or not.

Forget everybody else just concentrate on yourself. And if you are lucky to get a good assessor and a half decent decision maker you too will probably get an award.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Yadnad said:

Then we have the DWP. Each decision maker will consider if an award is due or not in his/her own way. You can have 6 different decision makers who will probably give 6 different awards or not.

Totally disagree with this because mostly the Decision Maker goes with the report. It's rare for them to go against it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad

Totally disagree with this because mostly the Decision Maker goes with the report. It's rare for them to go against it.
    But they could.
    In my first assessment the report came back with a recommendation of 0 points.
    A MR was carried out with no further evidence sent in which saw points given to make an award of Standard Care. I then sent in a report from my GP which resulted in the DWP looking at it a third time and decided of an award Enhanced Care & Mobility. Three different decision makers three different outcomes.

• littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Well I hope that's not right 6 different assesers .ive got my report and gives me the points I need .I had alot of good evidence too 
  • littleruthie123
    Not all assesers are dishonest 
  • Yadnad
    Well I hope that's not right 6 different assesers .ive got my report and gives me the points I need .I had alot of good evidence too 
    The point I was making was that each different decision maker could award points differently to another decision maker.
    They had three goes at getting it right in my case and eventually completely ignored the assessors opinion. This was not an isolated instance - the second re-assessment also resulted in a report that once again recommended no points. Yet on MR a different DWP decision maker looked at the case, looked at the evidence that was sent in two years earlier for the first assessment (GP's report)  and once again went completely against the assessors report and awarded Enhanced Care & Mobility. 
  • littleruthie123
    Yes I no what you mean  your referring too Mr decisions .it's just that your mentioned it in my post about assesers report. Which dident natch up .I haven't had an originally decision from dwp yet .back have copy if report .My question in my case was only  does the dwp decision maker usually go with the report and evidence 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.