PIP Renewal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Renewal

Options
celticgal
celticgal Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi i was wondering if someone could advise me I contacted PIP and told them I needed an extension on runtime as i was waiting to get involved my go. I went and to the dr and she increased a lot of my medication including oramorph by double and i didnt have the best reaction i lost days at a time on it so asked my mum to post my PIP form in that time we had 2 family bereavements which rather side tracked my mum k did contact them again tho and explain this and i got told my pip is now cancelled even thoit is awarded til may next year and now i have just had a letter say my housing benefit is "Atlas" which I think means suspended I have no idea how i am gonna survive til this is sorted now. I am single mum with a disabled son our conditions r genetically linked. I am completely lost and wasn't informed of anything stopping til i got a HB letter yesterday. Does anyone have any suggestions on what should do to rectify this as quickly as possible x

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi celticgal
    The first thing you need to do is reapply for pip.Call the DWP and ask for another application form explain what happened and ask if you can reapply straight away.
    The next thing to do is contact the Housing Benefit department at the Council and let them know exactly what income you are now getting.They will be able to recalculate any benefit from that.
    Please do this as quickly as you can as you may lose out on housing benefit.I believe it can only be backdated for a few weeks.If you have any other questions for either of these may I suggest that,as you are having difficulties,to write them down beforehand it always helps.Good luck.
        Debsidoo.x
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    celticgal said:
    Hi i was wondering if someone could advise me I contacted PIP and told them I needed an extension on runtime as i was waiting to get involved my go. I went and to the dr and she increased a lot of my medication including oramorph by double and i didnt have the best reaction i lost days at a time on it so asked my mum to post my PIP form in that time we had 2 family bereavements which rather side tracked my mum k did contact them again tho and explain this and i got told my pip is now cancelled even thoit is awarded til may next year and now i have just had a letter say my housing benefit is "Atlas" which I think means suspended I have no idea how i am gonna survive til this is sorted now. I am single mum with a disabled son our conditions r genetically linked. I am completely lost and wasn't informed of anything stopping til i got a HB letter yesterday. Does anyone have any suggestions on what should do to rectify this as quickly as possible x
    I see nothing has changed.

Whilst not PIP but DLA, I failed to return my renewal application due to the fact that I was in the HDU in hospital.

When it comes to the DWP time limits mean strict time limits and no excuse will be entertained should you fall foul of them. However when it comes to the DWP adhering to them they just get away with it.

It took me 7 years to get myself back (2011) to a point that I was both physically and mentally able to deal with my affairs. Those missing 7 years have never been compensated for.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.