Pip waiting times. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip waiting times.

rayrar80
rayrar80 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
My son had his f2f for pip on the 26/6/2018, the report was sent to dwp on the 3/7. i requested a copy of the report which is all truthfull, just wondering has anyone else had there f2f round the same date and recieved a decision yet?

Comments

• Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Hiya rayrar80, I don’t wish to bring gloom, I had my f2f on the 4th June, the dwp received the report on the 8th June, I had my hcp report on the 13th June ( a almost truthful report) and I rang yesterday 20th July to enquire if a decision had been made by the dm, nothing still with dm. Well it’s certainly a waiting game. Hope you hear soon and good luck.???
  • rayrar80
    I called on thurs, and still nothing, it does say on the text i recieved it will take 4 wks, so just hope it doesnt take any longer. 
  • Gwendoline1
    When I had my assessment the hcp said I should here in about 8 weeks, different areas different times I suppose. I am now resigned to the fact that I will here one day haha a bit late for my finger nails they’re all gone haha. ??
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    It's normal to take six to eight weeks to get your awa d notification but depending on work loads in your area and as we are in the holiday season staff could be on holiday we can't begrudge them that.  But having your report will have given you s good Indecation of what your award will'should be but you have to wait for the comfirmation letter. Glad you had a good PIP report fair and honest in your opinion.keep us posted.
  • Gwendoline1
    Hi Wilko, I agree with the time line and holidays it does tend to take that bit longer. It’s a frustrating time. ??
  • rayrar80
    I hope we all hear somthing soon, especially u Gwendoline. youve been waiting a really long time now, theres nothing worse than the wait ?
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    My understanding is that it takes several weeks to get a response back. Hopefully you’ll find out soon enough what was decided. Remember we’re currently on vacation season. The staff probably are away from the office. Since you already have had a satisfactory PIP report I would keep the faith and not worry too much about it. I know it’s often hard. Keep us updated. Just out of curiosity what rates did you apply for? 

Hang in there!! 
  • rayrar80
    well going by whats on the report weve got high daily living and low mobililty, wich i would be very happy with if thats what we recieve.
  • Gwendoline1
    I’m already receiving pip standard on both, my health deteriorated so I requested ( I’m led to believe) a intervention. The hcp assessor report stated 12 mobility and 14 care, I’ll wait and see on that one. In very few circumstances I’m a pessimist and I believe in this circumstance it’s best to be, anything else will be a joyful bonus. Thanks for asking, at least I know I’m not on my own. ???
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    Might depend on the area as well as the amount they have to process? My 2nd application only took a few weeks to reject, now (9 weeks after i asked for an extension on my 3rd claim) they sent me a text saying they're doing a mandatory reconsideration. Seems they have backlog here.
  • rayrar80
    Hey Gwendoline, just wondering have you heard anything yet?
  • Gwendoline1
    Hiya rayrar, Nothing, I rang yesterday and was told the same story they’re very busy and that different offices have different dates that they are at. That office was at 1st June another the week before had said that theirs was at the 7th June. How much truth is in their statements I don’t have a clue. I’m staying with the 8 weeks that my hcp assessor told me on my assessment day and will go with 10 working days there after because of the dm report and go from there. They will not be rushed, I’m trying my best to stay calm but it’s very difficult, like I’ve said before and everyone else is the same the dm decides what quality of life style I shall have and how it affects my health. I’m on my toe nails now ( not really ? haha ) as soon as I know I’ll post it in capital letter if it’s good hahaha. Thanks for asking and good luck again haha ???
  • rayrar80
    Thanks Gwendoline, I called up yest also, i was told to try again the end of next week, as tuesday will be 4 weeks since they recieved the report back, i wont hold my breath though. the chap on the phone rambled on a bit, how 10 reports go up to the decision maker at a time and mine isnt one of them yet ? hope we hear soon X
  • Gwendoline1
    Good luck though, I think they just make up as they go along just to shut us up haha! ??
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited July 2018
    Your all looking at 4 to 6 weeks for a decision after assessment atmo also depends if they need further information it will take longer. Also as it's the summer break, I'd be suprised if you recieve it before, I'm afraid it's a waiting game. Good luck.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• Gwendoline1
    Hiya Government A Joke, I agree with the holiday creating a longer time. It’s 7 weeks and waiting since they received my hcp report. One operator did explain, which sounds feasible to me, I already receive pip and they tend to deal with those first that have applied for the 1st time. Sounds a weak reason, but could be true. I was in the mind set that mine would, let’s say, be in a separate pile with others who are also asking for an intervention. Still in a date order set up. I’m just surmising. I’ll receive the decision when dwp are good and ready. Patience is a virtue possess it if you can! ???

edited July 2018
    @Gwendoline1 as your PIP is in payment and this is a review, I would pretty much say they would try and cut you down first unless it's a better result for you this time and maybe need a little extra info. But I woulden't go by what the call handler they will tell you anything.

Mine was all done on Paper ongoing and took around 12 weeks last year from DLA to PIP after my PIP2 was sent back.

Try not to worry as you getting a payment one thing Ive learnt what will be. Try to relax and chill easy said than done, I'm waiting on my ESA SG renewal that's been 6weeks and counting, since they've had the form I've now become like steel with this lot.
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• Gwendoline1
    I’ve learnt that each one will tell you one tale and another one another tale.
    I asked for them to reassess me since my health as deteriorated, the hcp assessors report gave me 12 mobility and 14 care. I shan’t hold my breathe that it will be this by the dm, I’ll just wait ( very impatiently I may add ) until they tell me by phone or until the dreaded letter arrives.
    I had my esa at the start of this year and it took 3 weeks from my assessment day to the letter arriving on my doormat, support group this time from wrag. It just goes to show how unpredictable it all is. Thanks for your reply ??
    @Gwendoline1 No problem, as the HCP has given points of 12 and 14.... 9 X out 10 the DM will go with the assessment report, so in theory you should be better off, but how long you will get it For is another question?

I got 16 for Mobility and care 22 all done by Capita.

Re you ESA how long did it take to get the assessment letter after returning your ESA50.
    ⬇️

• Gwendoline1
    I didn’t get an assessment letter because it’s only since being on here that I found out about getting the hcp assessment reports. From start to finish with my esa,meaning my assessment day to the letter on my doormat ,3 weeks. The 1st time was an horrendous assessment and totally full of lies ( this was in my only letter I received off the dwp, again I never knew you could request the hcp assessment report) it took quite a while,I didn’t have the hcp report in my 1st pip assessment same reason, didn’t know. 
    Thank you for your support. I’ll only believe it when it’s in writing. I’m normally not a pessimist, always half full not half empty. In this situation 100% pessimist. ???

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.