About pip review - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

About pip review

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear this @chechick

Scope

• Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Hiya Chechick, Have you had your hcp assessment report? I had mine back in June.?
  • chechick
    chechick Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Thank youse,  @Gwendoline1 its nerve wrecking isnt it we only want to no the decision ??, no l cant get mine l phoned asking 3times for them and there they cant give them me which is strange everyone entiled to therr report they get me mad at times...
  • freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    The DWP needs a radical shake up they have got to stop this ridiculous decision making half of them are probably under 30 have,nt got a clue about disability mental health or any other illnesses they see it as a game its like the lottey to them it has to be stopped by these jokers
  • Gwendoline1
    Hiya Chechick, That's really weird how they won't give it to you but there again like you've already mentioned everyone says something different. I agree it's so nerve wrecking, I feel like everything is on hold.
    Let's  keep hoping ???
  • Gwendoline1
    Hi Freckles, You've just summed it up "it's like the lottery to them" each time I've rang that's exactly how I feel. It's suppose to be 4 weeks for the decision, each time a different excuse is given why it's taking longer. What's the point in giving a time limit, they won't adhere to it anyway. Well we'll know one day what the decision is and I'm not holding my breathe ???
  • freckles
    edited July 2018
    Hi gwendoline i would ring your mp thats what they are there for to serve the public (i no that is a joke) i had my assesement back in feb i was taken of enhanced rate after being on it for 6 years and put on standard rate even though my conditions have got worse i m now awaiting an appeal date the goverment are more interested in c*cking up brexit than helping vunrable people
  • Gwendoline1
    Hiya Freckles, I've had a number of variations off the call centre on when I should find out. What I'm going to do is wait until the 8 weeks are up ( this is when the assessor said that I would know the dms decision) plus let's say 10 working days for what could be defined as the letter off them and take it from there. The reason why I think I'll do this is because I don't want the dwp saying this and the dwp saying that. I've kept to what they've said and then they'll ( tongue in cheek I say this ) have no excuses. You are absolutely right with how you feel and I am baffled at the whole set up. 
    Im so sorry to hear you've been dropped to standard it seems so cruel and I struggle to understand how it all works.
    For me ( I've already explained in some of my previous posts ) my health's got worse so I've requested an intervention I think it's called, very pleasant person assessed me and got approx. 75 to 80 percent right. I've had my assessors report 12 mobility and 14 care. Does this mean I'll have enhanced, who knows. Is it worth having the report, of course in case of mr etc. but the value of it means nothing if used to see what you'll be placed in. I feel like its lifting you right up there and now let's decide how far to drop you. It's the waiting that's hard to deal with. Someone out there decides on the quality of lifestyle I'll have, mind blowing.
    Well again I'm so sorry for what's happened to you and as for me I'll keep waiting 
  • freckles
    Thankyou gwendoline if you have 12 points and 14 points respectivley you will get enhanced rate so fingers crossed 

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @chechick If you live in N.I., they don't send out assessor's reports until the decision letter goes out. Elsewhere, they're wrong! Insist!
  • Gwendoline1
    Hi Freckles, My fingers are so tightly crossed the blood nearly stopped hahaha. We'll see, I'm hoping so life will be easier if it is but if not ,well that's life. Unless I lose everything or only have standard in one ( me being pessimistic, mmmm I wonder why!!! ) that's the only time I'll appeal, well mr first of course. I am totally drained and have been taken to the end. Even the thought of appealing makes me want to be sick, like everyone I'm dreading the result but desperately want to know. Thanks for replying that's very kind of you ???
  • chechick
    Thanks so much for your replys it means alot lve still havnt heard so take it you havnt heard yet @dwendoline1 lm sorry on whats happened to you @freckles its stressing me out not noing l think they love it having us waiting for so long,,would we get any pay back , just wish they would hurry up 
  • Gwendoline1
    Hi Chechick, It's driving me mad, I just want to know either way. It's hard to believe that one person can change the quality of your life. I rang yesterday a big fat nothing oh well. I'm under the impression that if you're money increases or if it's a new claim then you'll receive the difference from the phone call you made for example I rang on the 26th February 2018 then if mine goes to enhanced even if it's just  the one, then I will be backed from that date. I'm almost certain, from what I've read that is right. I've got no nails left to bite haha, here we go again good luck! ???
  • chechick
    Haha me l have no nails and fingers lefted ha so true what you have said that one person can change your life,lve not been really sleeping threw worry its not on waiting this long there's no need for it ??,,good luck to you again il post on here every now and then to see if youve had a update ?thats me l want to no too 
  • Gwendoline1
    Haha painful, I'll post too. One day we'll have a shock because both of us will be writing GUESS WHAT I've had my result. Not long I hope ???
  • freckles
    Anna soubry mp said she having a meeting with ester mcvey about how disgraceful capita are at doing assesements amongst other things lets hope mcvey listens
  • Gwendoline1
    Hi Freckles, How are you today. I find it difficult to understand that lets say Joe Bloggs goes alone for his assessment, as all the descriptors covered due to his disability/ illness, recieved a hcp report that is not in keeping with what he'd written and answered the hcp, decision maker decides he' ll stay with what the hcp reported then goes on to a mr and then a tribunal. Look at the expense that causes when Joe Bloggs wins the tribunal. Surely video evidence or at the very least recorded evidence would correct all of this. No one could dispute video ( with sound of course) evidence, the cost saved could be astronomical. 
    Im not saying that everyone would likely have enhanced, but what is appropriate for the individuals needs. That's to easy it suppose, let's hope something will be done. ???
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    freckles said:
    Anna soubry mp said she having a meeting with ester mcvey about how disgraceful capita are at doing assesements amongst other things lets hope mcvey listens

Dont make us or me laugh. Lol. McVey "listen" you cannot be serious? That women is vile and will do nothing to help the vulnerable in Society.

You've got more chance of seeing a pig fly by your windows than McVey doing anything.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• freckles
    Look lets see what happens we all no the tories are a joke the comment i put on before was tongue in cheek all of us on this site have our illnesses and this goverment don,t give a toss that we have to have these pointless assesements its like they are saying your GP social worker mental health advisor and consultants are liars and we want to humiliate you with an assesor who does not now you like the above we will always be the poor relations to this goverment
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @freckles No offence to you I agree with you and yes we all have disability's and this is why I feel you've got more faith than me when it comes to our fond friend McVey, she will never do the right thing or even listen.

She is and been put in charge of the DWP for one thing only, to destroy us, the assessments are crooked and very wrongly assesse people.

Many more will die and the hurt will continue until this outfit are removed.

Sorry for the negative response I've posted, but there's No other way to describe this outfit.

I and many other have campaigned to get this lot removed forthwith so far to know avail. We need a miracle to get a conservative to have a heart but it won't be anytime in the future.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.